Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andrew Smith <bi...@bitfeed.net> on 2003/10/23 05:38:37 UTC

[Newbie]jsp and cocoon

I am going to have my stylesheet generate jsp scriplets, as well as
html. After the stylesheet is applied,   I have jsp content, how do I
get that filtered through the jsp engine, and have the output sent
back.  I have looked at jsp reader and writer, but don't think it is
quite what I am looking for

Re: [Newbie]jsp and cocoon

Posted by Andrew Smith <bi...@bitfeed.net>.
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 23.10.2003 05:38, Andrew Smith wrote:
>
>> I am going to have my stylesheet generate jsp scriplets, as well as
>> html. After the stylesheet is applied,   I have jsp content, how do I
>> get that filtered through the jsp engine, and have the output sent
>> back.  I have looked at jsp reader and writer, but don't think it is
>> quite what I am looking for
>

> You are right, it is not what you are looking for. Cocoon is an XML
> framework, not a JSP framework. So you should push XML SAX events
> through the pipelines, handle it in different transformers and at the
> end serialize it to what ever you want. I don't know whatfor you need
> JSP here. Tell us your use case and you will get help from the list.
>
> Regards,
>
> Joerg

thanks, xsp pages have solved my problem

Re: [Newbie]jsp and cocoon

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.