Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sebastian Kruk <se...@deri.org> on 2007/06/24 16:06:28 UTC

URI handling bug in Tomcat 6.0.13?

Hello,

just a quick question. Why URI like the following:

http://localhost:8080/jeromedl/mbb/filter/marcont:hasDomain/http%3A%2F
%2Fdmoz.org%2FTop

result in error 400 - incorrect URI - noSlash error in Tomcat 6.0.13,
but were correctly handled in Tomcat 5.5 ?

After investigating a little I have noticed that the problem is in %
2F sequence (URI encoding of /).

Is there any HTTP specification detail that I have missed or is it,
as I think it is, a bug in Tomcat 6?

Thanks for any hints,

Cheers,

Sebastian

--   Sebastian Ryszard Kruk
--   Lead Researcher, Project Manager
--   Semantic Infrastructure Lab, eLearning Cluster
--   Digital Enterprise Research Institute
--   National University of Ireland, Galway
--   mailto: sebastian.kruk@deri.org
--   GG: 335067, Jabber: s_kruk@chrome.pl
--   Skype: sebastiankruk
--   WWW: http://www.sebastiankruk.com/
--   mobile (IRL): +353 85 7126591
--   VoIP   (PL):  +48  52 5110114

Re: URI handling bug in Tomcat 6.0.13?

Posted by Sebastian Kruk <se...@deri.org>.
Damn,

should not read/write emails on Sunday - thanks a million,

Cheers,

S.

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.

Posted by Sebastian Kruk <se...@deri.org>.