Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Neil Palmer <np...@mateso.com> on 2003/04/24 17:26:23 UTC

[ibiblio-upload-request] cocoon support

hey,

I'm currently using a minimal build of cocoon 2.0.4 as the base for a
web app (.war)  built using maven.

would someone mind uploading the following jars to ibiblio?

commons-jxpath-1.0.jar (1.1 is currently there)

excalibur-cli-1.0.jar

excalibur-naming-1.0.jar

xml-apis.jar (no version number - is 1.0b2 still the latest?)

the following jars are also incorporated with the minimal cocoon build,
but I've currently got them in my local

repository.  not sure if they are major enough releases to warrant
inclusion in ibiblio (but then again, someone

else must be using this stuff

avalon-framework-20020627.jar

excalibur-collections-20020820.jar

excalibur-component-20020916.jar

excalibur-concurrent-20020820.jar

excalibur-datasource-vm14-20021121.jar

excalibur-instrument-20021108.jar

excalibur-instrument-manager-20021108.jar

excalibur-instrument-manager-interfaces-20021108.jar

excalibur-logger-20020820.jar

excalibur-monitor-20020820.jar

excalibur-pool-20020820.jar

excalibur-sourceresolve-20020820.jar

excalibur-store-20020820.jar

excalibur-xmlutil-20020820.jar

logkit-20020529.jar

what's the policy on this sort of thing?  also, is /excalibur/
deprecated?  or just there for convenience?

(compared to excalibur-collections/, excalibur-datasource/ etc).  ),
I've not had time, nor do I know enough

yet about cocoon to test it with the latest/closest major releases of
the jars in order to figure out what would

break.  just guessing that the cocoon guys released it with these
versions for a reason.

thanks a lot,

neil.

for reference : list of all jars used by full build of cocoon:
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/installing/jars.html

already in ibilio:

commons-validator-1.0.1.jar

commons-collections-2.1.jar

excalibur-i18ln-1.0.jar

excalibur-io-1.1.jar

regexp-1.2.jar (I'm assuming this is the same as jakarta-regexp-1.2.jar,
as cocoon calls it)

xalan-2.3.1.jar

xercesImpl-2.0.0.jar

Re: [ibiblio-upload-request] cocoon support

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>.
On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 01:26, Neil Palmer wrote:
> would someone mind uploading the following jars to ibiblio?

I think it would be great if you created an archive with all these jars and
their accompanying licenses and then posted this somewhere. It would make
maven guys jobs easier and also make it more likely that you would get this
done for you ;)

> what's the policy on this sort of thing?  also, is /excalibur/
> deprecated?  or just there for convenience?

Most people use excalibur-X as each product is a separate project.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
Einstein argued that there must be simplified explanations of nature, because
God is not capricious or arbitrary.  No such faith comforts the software
engineer.
- Fred Brooks, Jr.