Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Elliotte Rusty Harold <el...@metalab.unc.edu> on 2003/05/09 22:38:14 UTC

Is Xerces converting NELs to linefeeds?

Is it possible that Xerces's SAX parser is converting NELs (0x85) to
linefeeds (0xA) on input when the encoding is specified as Cp037 (a.k.a.
EBCDIC U.S.)?

I have a test case that is failing because a NEL I'm writing out in data
is coming back in as a linefeed, and so far my tests point to Xerces as
the most likely culprit.  I'm not 100% sure yet (I'm still debugging)
but if this sounds familiar to anyone, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold