Posted to mirrors@apache.org by Vittorio Moccia <v....@itb.it> on 2003/04/08 23:58:47 UTC

apache.itb.it will be closed

Hello !

After about 5 years of regular mirror, we have to close apache.itb.it,
due to the uncontrollable increase of bandwidth needs during 2003.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

All the best!
Vittorio

Re[2]: apache.itb.it will be closed

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Vittorio Moccia wrote:

> Hi Joshua.
>
> JS> Just for our information, can you describe a little more what is causing
> JS> the problem.  Is the apache mirror used much more in 2003, or is it other
> JS> bandwidth needs?
> Since January 2003 we've registered a bandwidth growth
> that was going to be three times the previous value.
> Perhaps the new mirror mechanism of selection, I don't
> know.

Ok.  Obviously, the increased traffic is good news to us, but we certainly
understand if you can't handle it.  I suppose we could consider having a
way to designate mirrors as "low traffic", such that we wouldn't send them
as many requests.  But I don't think it is necessary at the moment.

Joshua.

Re[2]: apache.itb.it will be closed

Posted by Vittorio Moccia <v....@itb.it>.
Hi Joshua.

JS> Just for our information, can you describe a little more what is causing
JS> the problem.  Is the apache mirror used much more in 2003, or is it other
JS> bandwidth needs?
Since January 2003 we've registered a bandwidth growth
that was going to be three times the previous value.
Perhaps the new mirror mechanism of selection, I don't
know.

Regards,
Vittorio

Re: apache.itb.it will be closed

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Vittorio Moccia wrote:

> Hello !
>
> After about 5 years of regular mirror, we have to close apache.itb.it,
> due to the uncontrollable increase of bandwidth needs during 2003.
> Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the note and for your five years of mirroring.

Just for our information, can you describe a little more what is causing
the problem.  Is the apache mirror used much more in 2003, or is it other
bandwidth needs?  Can you give us any details on how the mirror usage has
changed.

Thanks again.

Joshua.