Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Eugen Cepoi <ce...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/03 16:47:33 UTC

spark 1.0 not using properties file from SPARK_CONF_DIR

Is it on purpose that when setting SPARK_CONF_DIR spark submit still loads
the properties file from SPARK_HOME/conf/spark-defauls.conf ?

IMO it would be more natural to override what is defined in SPARK_HOME/conf
by SPARK_CONF_DIR when defined (and SPARK_CONF_DIR being overriden by
command line args).

Eugen

Re: spark 1.0 not using properties file from SPARK_CONF_DIR

Posted by Eugen Cepoi <ce...@gmail.com>.
Here is the PR https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/997

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.