Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2003/03/19 00:57:12 UTC

Incubating Lenya for Cocoon

The Cocoon project has voted to accept the Lenya proposal, thus Lenya is
officially in the Incubator  :-)

First of all, we need to get the legal stuff straight.

1) License grant

We need to recieve papers that transfer rights to the ASF.
It is necessary to transfer rights for the package, the core code, and
any new code produced by the project.

Attached is the software grant, and an example that has been used for
another project.

It has to be printed, signed, and faxed into the ASF (+1-410-803-2258)
or mail to:

     The Apache Software Foundation
     1901 Munsey Drive
     Forest Hill, MD 21050-2747, U.S.A.

2) Committers

We need a list of all active committers that will work on the project.
They will have to sign a contributors agreement and send it to the ASF
as for the above license grant.

http://incubator.apache.org/forms/ASF_Contributor_License_2_form.pdf

Welcome! :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Incubating Lenya for Cocoon

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Steven Noels wrote:

> On 15/04/2003 23:15 Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> We have faxed the signed "contributor license agreements" of all the
>> proposed Lenya committers
>> to the address below. Christian Egli also sent a list of all active
>> committers with the proposed Apache
>> email addresses some time ago.
>>
>> So far we haven't received any feedback. Who shall we contact?

>> lenya-user@cocoon.apache.org have been created.
>>
>> I guess the setup of the actual CVS module and webspace is within the
>> responsibility of the Cocoon project.
>

> see various lists: accounts and CVS module have been requested
> alongside your enquiry

yeah, I have just seen your emails. A BIG THANK YOU as well

Michael

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Steven Noels wrote:
> On 15/04/2003 23:15 Michael Wechner wrote:

<snip/>

>> I guess the setup of the actual CVS module and webspace is within the
>> responsibility of the Cocoon project.
>

> see various lists: accounts and CVS module have been requested alongside
> your enquiry

Thanks to Sander the accounts are now setup and the CVS module
"cocoon-lenya" does also exist.

Shall we populate the CVS module from the code tarball we have to
specify in the license agreement (which we need to fax)?

Concerning the webspace http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/:
Can we do that on our own (cocoon.apache.org is currently being
redirected to xml.apache.org/cocoon/) or does anyone have to give us
privileges?

Thanks

Michael

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.

stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: Incubating Lenya for Cocoon

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Erik Abele wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> We have faxed the signed "contributor license agreements" of all the
>> proposed Lenya committers to the address below. Christian Egli also
>
> > sent a list of all active committers with the proposed Apache
>
>> email addresses some time ago.
>>
>> So far we haven't received any feedback. Who shall we contact?
>

> Jim Jagielski handles all the CLA stuff. He recently posted a msg on
> committers@apache.org that he received a bunch of rec'd CLAs that
> he'll be adding soon, but I don't know if yours are present.
>
> You can just try to ping him directly (jim@apache.org), but I think he
> should be on this list since he's also the VP of Incubator ...

ok, thanks a lot

Michael

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Hi

We have faxed the signed "contributor license agreements" of all the
proposed Lenya committers
to the address below. Christian Egli also sent a list of all active
committers with the proposed Apache
email addresses some time ago.

So far we haven't received any feedback. Who shall we contact?

lenya-user@cocoon.apache.org have been created.

I guess the setup of the actual CVS module and webspace is within the
responsibility of the Cocoon project.

thanks

Michael

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> The Cocoon project has voted to accept the Lenya proposal, thus Lenya
> is officially in the Incubator  :-)
>
> First of all, we need to get the legal stuff straight.
>
> 1) License grant
>
> We need to recieve papers that transfer rights to the ASF.
> It is necessary to transfer rights for the package, the core code, and
> any new code produced by the project.
>
> Attached is the software grant, and an example that has been used for
> another project.
>
> It has to be printed, signed, and faxed into the ASF (+1-410-803-2258)
> or mail to:
>
>     The Apache Software Foundation
>     1901 Munsey Drive
>     Forest Hill, MD 21050-2747, U.S.A.
>

> 2) Committers
>
> We need a list of all active committers that will work on the project.
> They will have to sign a contributors agreement and send it to the ASF
> as for the above license grant.
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/forms/ASF_Contributor_License_2_form.pdf
>

> Welcome! :-)

Thanks a lot for the friendly welcome :-)

Michael

Re: Incubating Lenya for Cocoon

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.