Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Akshay Gore <ak...@datatorrent.com> on 2016/07/11 10:32:04 UTC

How to specify affinity rules from application properties file

Hi,

I am trying to explore affinity feature in Apex. For this, I am using
pi-demo application from apex-malhar. As per the affinity document
<https://github.com/apache/apex-core/blob/master/docs/application_development.md>,
I have updated the demo application's properties file as follows:

<property>
 <name>dt.application.AffinityRulesSampleApplication.attr.AFFINITY_RULES_SET</name>
      <value>
        {
              "affinityRules": [
                                 {
                                  "operatorsList": [
                                                     "rand",
                                                     "picalc"
                                                   ],
                                                   "locality": "NODE_LOCAL",
                                                   "type": "AFFINITY",
                                                   "relaxLocality": false
                                 }
                               ]
           }
        </value>
   </property>

After launching the demo application, I don't see containers for operator
"rand" and "picalc" on the same node. Although it's working fine when I set
the rule from application code. Can anyone please help me here?

Thanks,
Akshay

Re: How to specify affinity rules from application properties file

Posted by Akshay Gore <ak...@datatorrent.com>.
There was a typo in the application name because of which the property was
not applying properly.

Posted by Munagala Ramanath <ra...@datatorrent.com>.

Posted by Akshay Gore <ak...@datatorrent.com>.

Posted by Pradeep Kumbhar <pr...@datatorrent.com>.