Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jacopo <in...@j-d.it> on 2007/02/22 15:22:44 UTC

Re: [S2] Struts encoding problem ?

I solved the problem with this method:

public static String euroAdjust(String value)
{
    if (value != null)
    {
      value = value.replaceAll("\u0080","\u20AC");
    }
    return value;
}

the param of the request is parsed with euroAdjust() and the right € euro
symbol is sent to db and saved.

When I read the € euro symbol from the db I have to convert like an HTML
entity.
If you use taglib <bean:message> it doesn't work.

I modified the taglib in struts.jar:

org.apache.struts.util.ResponseUtils.java

public static String filter(String value) {

        // add this lines to get euro HTML entity
        case'\u0080':
          filtered = "&euro;";
          break;

        case'\u20AC':