Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Suresh Ramamurthy <su...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/21 04:35:44 UTC

how to I create rpm in latest cloudstack code cloned from master

Hi,

Could any one please give me some details or point to some documentation
for following items:

1. I coned cloudstack code from master. I am not able to build rpm using
the existing documentation. I saw
    that waf file and other build files were deleted. Is there is a new mvn
command to create rpms.
2. Documentation on installing agent is not found anywhere, normally i
create rpm and install agent on the host
   and then replace client jar files from my source. Is there a standard
way for setting up agent for a developer.

Thansk,
suresh

Re: how to I create rpm in latest cloudstack code cloned from master

Posted by prasanna <ts...@apache.org>.
On 21 March 2013 09:05, Suresh Ramamurthy <su...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could any one please give me some details or point to some documentation
> for following items:
>
> 1. I coned cloudstack code from master. I am not able to build rpm using
> the existing documentation. I saw
>     that waf file and other build files were deleted. Is there is a new mvn
> command to create rpms.
> 2. Documentation on installing agent is not found anywhere, normally i
> create rpm and install agent on the host
>    and then replace client jar files from my source. Is there a standard
> way for setting up agent for a developer.

If you are looking at the master branch then the packaging scripts are
in the packaging/centos63 directory for RPM and packaging/debian for
DEBs. RPMs are well tested and work well. DEBs require some testing so
use them at your own risk. But we'd like to have bug reports on the
packages if any.

$cd packaging/centos63
$./package.sh