Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Bibek Sahu <sc...@dodds.net> on 2004/02/02 22:55:32 UTC

DOM Click events (on text) in 1.5.1rc2?

Hi there,

I'm currently trapping DOM Click events on all elements in Batik-1.5.1rc2,
as I was with 1.5.  When clicking on text elements, though, I notice it
now states that the event target is always of type
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGOMTextElement, even if I click on a TextPath
or TSpan element (which is a sub-element of said SVGTextElement).  With
1.5.0, it gave me the TextPath or TSpan or whatever specific item I
clicked on.

I'm using the test SVG from the Batik-samples directory
(samples/tests/spec/text/textOnPath.svg), and trying this by clicking on
the red bits of text (the "on", in "Text on a Path", which is part of a
TSpan.

Is this new behavior intended?  Is it possible to get back the old
behavior, as I'd like to insert items into the section where the user
clicks...

Thanks!

- Bibek

Re: DOM Click events (on text) in 1.5.1rc2?

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Bibek Sahu wrote:

> I'm currently trapping DOM Click events on all elements in Batik-1.5.1rc2,
> as I was with 1.5.  When clicking on text elements, though, I notice it
> now states that the event target is always of type
> org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGOMTextElement, even if I click on a TextPath
> or TSpan element (which is a sub-element of said SVGTextElement).  With
> 1.5.0, it gave me the TextPath or TSpan or whatever specific item I
> clicked on.

    I'll look at this, there were a number of changes/improvements to
text in 1.5.1.

> I'm using the test SVG from the Batik-samples directory
> (samples/tests/spec/text/textOnPath.svg), and trying this by clicking on
> the red bits of text (the "on", in "Text on a Path", which is part of a
> TSpan.
>
> Is this new behavior intended?

    I don't believe so, but I want to see what it causing it first.