Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Roberto Rossi <ro...@cone.it> on 2011/03/22 14:38:59 UTC

change page or portlet decorator via query string

Hi everyone again!
Is there a simple way in Jetspeed 2.1.3, 2.2.x to change the page or
portlet decorator in an http request using only query params?
I searched in this mailing list with no luck.

Using portlet pipeline I can extract a single fragment from page but I
have no way to apply a new decorator to this portlet content.

Thank you,

ROb

Re: change page or portlet decorator via query string

Posted by Roberto Rossi <ro...@cone.it>.
OK, thanks for your help David!

Re: change page or portlet decorator via query string

Posted by David Taylor <da...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Roberto Rossi <ro...@cone.it> wrote:
> Thank you David, but in this way the new decorator for the psml page is
> permanently saved inside the psml itself?
>
> I was looking for a dynamic (only for some requests) applied decorator using
> some special parameters or a specific pipeline.

That API persists the decorator, it is not temporary (per request or
per session). I guess you could extend the API or write a new one
pretty easily. Let me know if you need help

Re: change page or portlet decorator via query string

Posted by David Taylor <da...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 6:38 AM, Roberto Rossi <ro...@cone.it> wrote:
> Hi everyone again!
> Is there a simple way in Jetspeed 2.1.3, 2.2.x to change the page or portlet
> decorator in an http request using only query params?
> I searched in this mailing list with no luck.

Using the 'old' Ajax API (available in 2.1.3 onward) you can do something like:

http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/ajaxapi?action=updatepage&method=update-portlet-decorator&id=SOME-PORTLET-ID&portlet-decorator=NAME-OF-NEW-DECORATOR

I don't believe the equivalent operation is available in the newer restful api