Posted to lokahi-dev@incubator.apache.org by ST...@symcor.com on 2008/03/05 22:36:18 UTC

Agent talk

I'm trying to get Lokahi working, but I seem to have a problem with the
agent. Whatever I do in the GUI (configtest, deploy, start, stop, etc.) it
doesn't appear to do anything.

Using Oracle (updated build.properties and lokahi.properties to use
Oracle), only a single Apache configured in a single hosting pool, all on
the same machine. The agent logs show nothing, I tried logging all
connections made to the agent port and found that there were none, so it
looks like the GUI isn't talking to the agent.

Any ideas what I should look for?

Thanks,
-Severn

RE: Agent talk

Posted by ST...@symcor.com.
Hmm, I applied the patch and it's still showing the velocity message when
it gets initialized (i.e. hit "deploy").

The names do match up. I tried shutting down tomcat, deleting the row in
the db and it got recreated exactly the same when I started it back up.

I've tracked it down furthur... it looks like in AdminBean, Oracle is
returning "???" for attr[0] and either ??? or null for attr[2] (so it's
never matching)... hrm...

-Severn

"Feist, Jeffrey" <je...@merck.com>
03/06/2008 02:08 PM
Please respond to
lokahi-dev@incubator.apache.org

lokahi-dev@incubator.apache.org
cc

Subject
RE: Agent talk

There is a patch for that velocity message on the Jira page. (See my
post on 29/Feb/08 07:56 AM)

You are right about the primary JVM. The jobs will only send when there
is a primary JVM. In your build.properties file, does your "Initial
Instance Name" match up to the instance that the hardware is on?

If you delete that whole row in the TMC_Admin table, it should
automatically repopulate. Try that and see if it puts the test1 JVM into
the primary spot.

RE: Agent talk