Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by misterxyz misterxyz <mi...@yahoo.de> on 2002/06/11 20:58:31 UTC

Running Apache and Tomcat on different servers; problem with redirection

I try to run apache and tomcat on two different servers; apache server is accessible from the Internet via ssl, tomcat is not directly accessible from the Internet. Request is forwarded by apache to tomcat server as http.

tomcat server replaces the ip address in the response with the tomcat server's address, which it shouldn't

Example: send request to <apache server ip>/directory

New URL shown in browser after the answer has been received: <tomcat server ip>/directory

how can i get rid of the address exchange? where is it configured?

thx, michael

---------------------------------
Gesendet von http://mail.yahoo.de.
Kreative Köpfe gesucht! Machen Sie mit beim Yahoo! SMS Literatur Wettbewerb und gewinnen Sie tolle Preise -  http://smswettbewerb.yahoo.de.

Re: Running Apache and Tomcat on different servers; problem with redirection

Posted by misterxyz misterxyz <mi...@yahoo.de>.
thanks for the quick reply. actually, the proxy server is just a security meassure, so that the tomcat server is not directly exposed to the internet. the apache contacts an iis residing on the tomcat server, which then contacts tomcat.
i assume that in that case i do not need mod_jk, correct?
but i need to configure tomcat to avoid the redirects, correct? how can that be done?
thx, michael
  Hanks Mei <me...@sify.com> hat geschrieben: Hi,
Some questions
Are you using mod_jk cocnnectors for apache & tomcat to communicate
or are you just forwarding requests from apache.
If you are just forwarding(using redirects) then this is the expected behaviour
You should move to mod_jk adapter.

In case you are using a mod_jk adapter, have you configured the servername properly
for apache. But anyway this should not be a problem if both are running in two different servers.

bye
mano

Quoting :

Posted by Hanks Mei <me...@sify.com>.