Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <Fe...@day.com> on 2006/01/03 11:44:18 UTC

JCR-RMI Iterator support

Hi Jukka,

To provide for extensibility of the JCR-RMI implementation I suggest to
make the MAX_BUFFER_SIZE field and optimizeIterator method protected in
the ServerAdapterFactory class.

What do you think ?

Find attached a patch file with the suggested modification.

Regards
Felix

Re: JCR-RMI Iterator support

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 1/4/06, Felix Meschberger <Fe...@day.com> wrote:
> On the other hand, I am not sure, whether the AdapterFactory itself is
> the right place for this kind of thing. Maybe this should be
> "outsourced" into some kind of IteratorFactory.

You're probably right. The RemoteAdapterFactory interface is getting
quite crowded nowadays, so perhaps we should introduce some more
tightly scoped factory interfaces to make the package more easily
configurable. Though I kind of like the facade nature of the
RemoteAdapterFactory interface.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Software craftmanship, JCR consulting, and Java development

Re: JCR-RMI Iterator support

Posted by Felix Meschberger <Fe...@day.com>.
Hi,

I wasn't aware of that. Sounds interesting, too :-)

On the other hand, I am not sure, whether the AdapterFactory itself is
the right place for this kind of thing. Maybe this should be
"outsourced" into some kind of IteratorFactory.

Regarsd
Felix

Re: JCR-RMI Iterator support

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: JCR-RMI Iterator support

Posted by Felix Meschberger <Fe...@day.com>.
Hi Jukka,

Thanks alot. Good thing. Just one question: Could it be, that the
proposal to make ServerAdapterFactory.optimizeIterator protected got lost ?

Thanks and Regards
Felix

Re: JCR-RMI Iterator support