Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Renxia Wang <re...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/02 00:42:03 UTC

How to Set Retry Policy in Spark

Hi guys,

I know there is a way to set the number of retry of failed tasks, using
spark.task.maxFailures. what is the default policy for the failed tasks
retry? Is it exponential backoff? My tasks sometimes failed because of
Socket connection timeout/reset, even with retry, some of the tasks will
fail for more than spark.task.maxFailures times.

Thanks,

Zhique

Re: How to Set Retry Policy in Spark

Posted by Renxia Wang <re...@gmail.com>.
Additional Info: I am running Spark on YARN.