You are viewing a plain text version of this content. The canonical link for it is here.
Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/31 01:28:07 UTC

cordova-plugin-inappbrowser@4 major version bump - proposal

I would like to propose that we do this major version bump, review
https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-inappbrowser/pull/600 then merge
it in order to resolve multiple issues stemming from window.open overwrite.

My purpose is to help relieve some plugin support burden moving forward.

I would be extremely reluctant to review or merge any PRs on that plugin
due to my lack of expertise.

Re: cordova-plugin-inappbrowser@4 major version bump - proposal

Posted by Niklas Merz <ni...@apache.org>.
Thanks Bryan Ellis, that's the plan I would like to follow, too. 

If anyone else would like to see a PR in this minor, let us know or just add it to the 3.2.0 milestone on Github.

Am 31. Dez. 2019, 03:17, um 03:17, Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com> schrieb:
>+1 to wait for the minor release to be published and +1 on the
>background,
>thanks!
>
>I just wanted to announce something that I think should be in
>consideration
>for the near future, for reasons that are hopefully clear on GitHub.
>
>
>On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 8:57 PM Bryan Ellis <el...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>> For some background information on the minor release, there are a lot
>of
>> changes already merged into master and waiting for a release.
>>
>> Additionally, since Cordova iOS last minor introduced of the
>WKWebViewOnly
>> feature, it would be nice if IAB can pair this supported in a minor
>> release, and not a major.
>>
>> The PR that includes the feature implementation for IAB is currently
>being
>> reviewed and expected to be merged in a couple of days.
>>
>> After the IAB minor release, then I would be OK with continuing with
>the
>> major release.
>>
>> Hope this background helps.
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 10:37 AM Bryan Ellis <el...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > A minor release is currently in progress so we will not do a major
>> version
>> > bump until the minor is finished.
>> >
>> > On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 10:29 AM Chris Brody
><ch...@gmail.com>
>> > wrote:
>> >
>> >> I would like to propose that we do this major version bump, review
>> >> https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-inappbrowser/pull/600
>then
>> merge
>> >> it in order to resolve multiple issues stemming from window.open
>> >> overwrite.
>> >>
>> >> My purpose is to help relieve some plugin support burden moving
>forward.
>> >>
>> >> I would be extremely reluctant to review or merge any PRs on that
>plugin
>> >> due to my lack of expertise.
>> >>
>> >
>>
>-- 
>Sent from my mobile

Re: cordova-plugin-inappbrowser@4 major version bump - proposal

Posted by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1 to wait for the minor release to be published and +1 on the background,
thanks!

I just wanted to announce something that I think should be in consideration
for the near future, for reasons that are hopefully clear on GitHub.


On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 8:57 PM Bryan Ellis <el...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For some background information on the minor release, there are a lot of
> changes already merged into master and waiting for a release.
>
> Additionally, since Cordova iOS last minor introduced of the WKWebViewOnly
> feature, it would be nice if IAB can pair this supported in a minor
> release, and not a major.
>
> The PR that includes the feature implementation for IAB is currently being
> reviewed and expected to be merged in a couple of days.
>
> After the IAB minor release, then I would be OK with continuing with the
> major release.
>
> Hope this background helps.
>
> On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 10:37 AM Bryan Ellis <el...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > A minor release is currently in progress so we will not do a major
> version
> > bump until the minor is finished.
> >
> > On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 10:29 AM Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I would like to propose that we do this major version bump, review
> >> https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-inappbrowser/pull/600 then
> merge
> >> it in order to resolve multiple issues stemming from window.open
> >> overwrite.
> >>
> >> My purpose is to help relieve some plugin support burden moving forward.
> >>
> >> I would be extremely reluctant to review or merge any PRs on that plugin
> >> due to my lack of expertise.
> >>
> >
>
-- 
Sent from my mobile

Re: cordova-plugin-inappbrowser@4 major version bump - proposal

Posted by Bryan Ellis <el...@gmail.com>.
For some background information on the minor release, there are a lot of
changes already merged into master and waiting for a release.

Additionally, since Cordova iOS last minor introduced of the WKWebViewOnly
feature, it would be nice if IAB can pair this supported in a minor
release, and not a major.

The PR that includes the feature implementation for IAB is currently being
reviewed and expected to be merged in a couple of days.

After the IAB minor release, then I would be OK with continuing with the
major release.

Hope this background helps.

On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 10:37 AM Bryan Ellis <el...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A minor release is currently in progress so we will not do a major version
> bump until the minor is finished.
>
> On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 10:29 AM Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I would like to propose that we do this major version bump, review
>> https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-inappbrowser/pull/600 then merge
>> it in order to resolve multiple issues stemming from window.open
>> overwrite.
>>
>> My purpose is to help relieve some plugin support burden moving forward.
>>
>> I would be extremely reluctant to review or merge any PRs on that plugin
>> due to my lack of expertise.
>>
>

Re: cordova-plugin-inappbrowser@4 major version bump - proposal

Posted by Bryan Ellis <el...@gmail.com>.
A minor release is currently in progress so we will not do a major version
bump until the minor is finished.

On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 10:29 AM Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to propose that we do this major version bump, review
> https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-inappbrowser/pull/600 then merge
> it in order to resolve multiple issues stemming from window.open overwrite.
>
> My purpose is to help relieve some plugin support burden moving forward.
>
> I would be extremely reluctant to review or merge any PRs on that plugin
> due to my lack of expertise.
>