Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Claude Brisson <cb...@apache.org> on 2021/03/09 00:12:10 UTC

[ANNOUCE] Apache Velocity Engine 2.3 Released

The Apache Velocity community is pleased to announce the release of
Apache Velocity Engine 2.3 The release is available for download at:

   https://velocity.apache.org/download.cgi

Apache Velocity is well-known in the Java field as a lightweight,
easy-to-use templating library for creating dynamic web sites and
performing other text-generation tasks. It relies on the Velocity
Template Language (VTL) which is aimed at ease-of-use and simplicity.

Main changes in this release:

* Fix a minor security issue in user-edited templates applications: let
SecureUberspector block methods on ClassLoader and subclasses.

* New spring-velocity-support module for Velocity Engine integration in
Spring Framework.

For a full list of changes, consult the Velocity Engine 2.3 Changes section:

   https://velocity.apache.org/engine/2.3/changes.html

as well as the JIRA changelog:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310104&version=12348601

For notes on upgrading, see Velocity Engine 2.3 Upgrading section:

   http://velocity.apache.org/engine/2.3/upgrading.html

Regards,

   the Apache Velocity team.

Re: [ANNOUCE] Apache Velocity Engine 2.3 Released

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@schmiedehausen.org>.
Thank you Claude for getting this out!

-h

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@schmiedehausen.org>.

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, Claude!!  I really appreciate all your work getting these
releases out!

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@schmiedehausen.org>.