Posted to general@xml.apache.org by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@relativity.yi.org> on 2000/03/02 13:04:11 UTC

(URLOTD) Sun Inches Closer To Open Java Spec

SUN is getting closer to "getting it".  They still don't realize that
all they have to do is Open Source it and apply Apache voting rules and
they would be totally set.  Hopefully Jakarta is starting to help out.

http://www.internetwk.com/story/INW20000229S0006

--
Kevin A Burton (burton@apache.org)
http://relativity.yi.org

Re: (URLOTD) Sun Inches Closer To Open Java Spec

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.
"Kevin A. Burton" wrote:

> SUN is getting closer to "getting it".  They still don't realize that
> all they have to do is Open Source it and apply Apache voting rules and
> they would be totally set.  Hopefully Jakarta is starting to help out.
>
> http://www.internetwk.com/story/INW20000229S0006

That's great... But in my experience, Sun has always been more listenish
than any other "standard body"... Have you ever sent a mail to ISO or
tried to participate to a W3C working group?
My experience w/ Sun? Good, if you have good points, they listen, and
they EXPLAIN their. You get (and give away) kicks for some half hours
and you're done.
The JCP is more open than any other process I've seen so far.

And now I can even get those JavaDOC sources you crave so much, without
signing a NDA, so, WOW! :) Not bad for that company that was addressed
as the Microsoft of the next millenium!

	Pier

<ma...@betaversion.org>    <http://www.betaversion.org/~pier/>