Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jeremy Aston <je...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2003/01/23 13:27:10 UTC

Sharing components between Cocoon and servlets

Hi,

I am looking to get some more documentation together on integrating servlets
and Cocoon and would like to know if anyone has got any production
experience of sharing contexts and thus components.  I want to have a
servlet running in the same web app context as Cocoon and have access to the
same resources (e.g. db connection pool) as Cocoon.  I have considered a
couple fo ways of implementing thus such as creating a new set of objects
that reference the same component xconf or using a parent component manager.
I have also noted a couple of threads on the lists that talk about using
request actions to pass session data to servlets.  The only thing about this
is that it means the servlet is called via the sitemap and I am not
concerned about this happening.

If anyone has any views or experience on how they think this is best done
then let me know and in return for saving me some investigation time I will
add details to the docs.

Thanks very much

Jeremy

Re: .Net port of Cocoon

Posted by Andreas Bednarz <an...@education-one.de>.
Hi There,

I would completely enjoy using a port of cocoon for .NET. Following the
newsgroup since 6 month there are many topics inside cocoon that could
be mastered by .NET easilly without the overhead you have in java. Hope
that somebody will start such a project and gives us a framework
consisting of an XMl/XSL/Filter mechanisms with a smaller footprint. We
also decided not to use cocoon. It is simply to complicated to fit a new
team prgrammer and the whole thing is too "open source". Nobody is
really responsible, nobody can guarantee that next releases will give
exactly the same API ... Of course this is one weakness of Microsoft
too, but an independant programmer team could make a strong competitor
to cocoon :-)

Andreas Bednarz
education-one GmbH

Andreas Bednarz <an...@education-one.de>