Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Piller Sébastien <pi...@hmcrecord.ch> on 2008/05/08 09:41:47 UTC

Form doesn't fire onsubmit when nested in a wizard

Hello guys,

I have a problem with the wizard component in Wicket 1.3.1. I have a
user form panel, containing a form with several fields. I put it in a
wizard, and have the following problem:

FormUser

public class FormPerson extends Panel {
    // ...
    public FormPerson(String formid) {
        super(formid);

        name = new RequiredTextField("name");
        firstname = new RequiredTextField("firstname");
        address = new RequiredTextField("address");
        zip = new RequiredTextField("zip");
        city = new RequiredTextField("city");

        form = new Form("formperson", new CompoundPropertyModel(xxx)) {

            @Override
            protected void onError() {
                super.onError();
                updateFieldsCssClasses();
                System.out.println("ON ERROR");
            }

            @Override
            public void onSubmit() {
                super.onSubmit();
                System.out.println("on submit : " + src.getFirstname());
            }
        };
        add(form);

Now I put it in a Wizard component
  - When there are errors on that form and I click the "next" button,
the method onError get correctly called
  - When there are no errors and I click "next", the method onSubmit get
not called

Have you any idea on what's going wrong?

Re: Form doesn't fire onsubmit when nested in a wizard

Posted by Per Newgro <pe...@gmx.ch>.
Hello Piller Sébastien:

do you first generate some errors, press next (errors), fix them and then
press next again?

Maybe error messages will not be reset.

Cheers
Per