Posted to user@pig.apache.org by lulynn_2008 <lu...@163.com> on 2012/05/21 05:03:09 UTC

[pig-0.10.0]: what jar are included in pig-0.10.0.jar and pig-0.10.0-withouthadoop.jar?

 Hi,

I found two jar files in pig-0.10.0 package: pig-0.10.0.jar and pig-0.10.0-withouthadoop.jar.
I have questions about them:
1. Seems the differences between these two jars are:  pig-0.10.0.jar includes all the dependencies of pig, and pig-0.10.0-withouthadoop.jar just includes the dependencies besides hadoop and hadoop dependencies. Am I right?
2. How to get the jar files list in the two jar files? I mean how can I know what dependencies are included in the two jar files?
3. If I want to use hadoop jar files from a external hadoop package, should I just use pig-0.10.0-withouthadoop.jar, and put hadoop jar files and hadoop dependencies in pig classpath?

Thanks.

Re:Re: [pig-0.10.0]: what jar are included in pig-0.10.0.jar and pig-0.10.0-withouthadoop.jar?

Posted by lulynn_2008 <lu...@163.com>.
Thanks. Totally agree with you.

Posted by praveenesh kumar <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by IGZ Nick <ig...@gmail.com>.