Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> on 2009/01/05 14:24:08 UTC

M4 status?

Rafi, Rajith, Aidan,

What needs to be done on M4? is it done, just needing a build, is it
time to build
another and branch it now?

Anyone involved, please chime in.
Carl.

Re: M4 status?

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Aidan Skinner wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 1:24 PM, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:
>

>> What needs to be done on M4? is it done, just needing a build, is it time to
>> build
>> another and branch it now?
>>
>> Anyone involved, please chime in.
>>

> I asked the same question just before the holidays:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/qpid-dev/200812.mbox/%3Ca4265f2a0812240652y550f390bn98f9269972fe6262@mail.gmail.com%3E
>
> I believe there is some work to do, but I am extremely confused about
> which Jiras actually need to be fixed, there are 20 targetted for it
> currently. None of them are anything to do with WCF AFAICT though,
> which is what I thought was holding it up...
>
> - Aidan

Here is my view of the JIRA list, those implicated please comment. (my
view in first column.)
6 possible blockers
1 blocker.
4 done?

Carl.

	*Key* 	*Summary* 	*Assignee* 	*Reporter* 	*Pr* [Descending order -
Click to sort in ascending order] 	*Status* 	*Res* 	*Created* 	*Updated*
Possibly <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1544>
	QPID-1544 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1544> 	Java client
tries to resume a session that was terminated due to an error
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1544> 	Unassigned 	Rajith
Attapattu 	Critical 	Open Open 	UNRESOLVED 	18/Dec/08 	18/Dec/08
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-739>Possibly
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1544> 	QPID-739
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-739> 	When using an AMQP
destination, the queue routing key is not set correctly
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-739> 	Rajith Attapattu
Arnaud Simon 	Major 	Reopened Reopened 	UNRESOLVED 	16/Jan/08 	22/Aug/08
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-741>Possibly
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1544> 	QPID-741
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-741> 	The BindingURL format
is incorrect <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-741> 	Rajith
Attapattu 	Rajith Attapattu 	Major 	Open Open 	UNRESOLVED 	16/Jan/08
22/Aug/08
no <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-991> 	QPID-991
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-991> 	Qpid Junit Toolkit Ant
Plugin (Ant Task) <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-991>
Rafael H. Schloming 	Senaka Fernando 	Major 	Open Open 	UNRESOLVED
30/Apr/08 	22/Aug/08
no
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-675> 	QPID-675
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-675> 	Content / Message
distinction is a mismatch for other APIs
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-675> 	Rafael H. Schloming
Jonathan Robie 	Major 	Open Open 	UNRESOLVED 	03/Nov/07 	22/Aug/08
done? <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1257> 	QPID-1257
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1257> 	Allow individual
broker and client binary packages to be built
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1257> 	Rafael H. Schloming
Martin Ritchie 	Major 	Ready To Review Ready To Review 	UNRESOLVED
21/Aug/08 	13/Oct/08
done?
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1027> 	QPID-1027
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1027> 	verify script is
sensitive to shell in use
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1027> 	Alan Conway 	Senaka
Fernando 	Major 	Open Open 	UNRESOLVED 	05/May/08 	29/Oct/08
not blocker
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1412> 	QPID-1412
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1412> 	C++ Implementation of
QMF Console <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1412> 	Ted Ross
Ted Ross 	Major 	In Progress In Progress 	UNRESOLVED 	29/Oct/08 	29/Oct/08
possibly <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1296> 	QPID-1296
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1296> 	Add SSL support to
java client <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1296> 	Rafael H.
Schloming 	Rajith Attapattu 	Major 	Open Open 	UNRESOLVED 	26/Sep/08
04/Nov/08
no <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1198> 	QPID-1198
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1198> 	Changes for the
solaris port <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1198> 	Andrew
Stitcher 	Manuel Teira 	Major 	Open Open 	UNRESOLVED 	24/Jul/08 	04/Dec/08
possibly
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-812> 	QPID-812
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-812> 	Session message
dispatcher Threading issue
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-812> 	Rafael H. Schloming
Arnaud Simon 	Major 	Open Open 	UNRESOLVED 	25/Feb/08 	05/Dec/08
done? <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1030> 	QPID-1030
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1030> 	Making JMS easier for
users <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1030> 	Rajith
Attapattu 	Arnaud Simon 	Major 	Ready To Review Ready To Review
UNRESOLVED 	06/May/08 	05/Dec/08
done? <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1106> 	QPID-1106
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1106> 	Make message
acknowledgment synchronous
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1106> 	Rajith Attapattu
Arnaud Simon 	Major 	Ready To Review Ready To Review 	UNRESOLVED
30/May/08 	05/Dec/08
yes
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1521> 	QPID-1521
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1521> 	msbuild scripts no
longer build <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1521> 	Robert
Greig 	Robert Greig 	Major 	Open Open 	UNRESOLVED 	08/Dec/08 	08/Dec/08
no
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1133> 	QPID-1133
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1133> 	Poller implementation
based on the Solaris Event Completion Framework
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1133> 	Andrew Stitcher
Manuel Teira 	Minor 	Open Open 	UNRESOLVED 	11/Jun/08 	22/Aug/08
no <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1132> 	QPID-1132
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1132> 	Add support for Sun
Studio compiler suite detection
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1132> 	Andrew Stitcher
Manuel Teira 	Minor 	Open Open 	UNRESOLVED 	11/Jun/08 	22/Aug/08
no
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-650> 	QPID-650
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-650> 	Document the qpidd.conf
file format <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-650> 	Alan
Conway 	Nuno Santos 	Minor 	Open Open 	UNRESOLVED 	18/Oct/07 	22/Aug/08
possibly <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1051>
	QPID-1051 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1051> 	The C++
examples contain some typos and other mistakes that will confuse users.
These are usability errors
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1051> 	Alan Conway 	William
Henry 	Minor 	Open Open 	UNRESOLVED 	12/May/08 	30/Oct/08
no
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1500> 	QPID-1500
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1500> 	Create Mac OS X Build
of the JMX Management Console
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1500> 	Martin Ritchie 	Martin
Ritchie 	Minor 	Ready To Review Ready To Review 	UNRESOLVED 	02/Dec/08
21/Dec/08
no
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1555> 	QPID-1555
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1555> 	When run with -d
option, C++ broker dies with "No Such Transport (tcp)" error
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1555> 	Unassigned 	Joshua
Kramer 	Minor 	Open Open 	UNRESOLVED 	03/Jan/09 	05/Jan/09

Re: M4 status?

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.
2009/1/5 Rafael Schloming <ra...@redhat.com>:

> Oops, this should be 12, and as rajith points out QPID-1552 is the WCF one.
> I've marked QPID-1552 as fix for M4 so it will show up in the lists, but
> unless we get some info on it soon, I don't think we should hold up the
> release for it.

I've done some work on the WCF/0-10 client so that it builds and the
simple examples at least run now. However, I wouldn't say I'm exactly
confident in it and I think that there will be plenty more issues in
it (the tests just cover some basic "happy paths").

I'll check in my changes right now, and I don't think this should
necessarily hold up M4 but we should be clear I think that the .NET
stuff is really a beta release.

RG

Re: M4 status?

Posted by Rafael Schloming <ra...@redhat.com>.
Rafael Schloming wrote:
> Gordon Sim wrote:
>> Aidan Skinner wrote:

>>> I asked the same question just before the holidays:
>>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/qpid-dev/200812.mbox/%3Ca4265f2a0812240652y550f390bn98f9269972fe6262@mail.gmail.com%3E
>>>

>>> I believe there is some work to do, but I am extremely confused about
>>> which Jiras actually need to be fixed, there are 20 targetted for it
>>> currently. None of them are anything to do with WCF AFAICT though,
>>> which is what I thought was holding it up...
>>
>> I've gone through the remaining c++ and python issues and either
>> closed them or removed the M4 target as I don't believe any of them
>> are in any way blockers.
>
> I now see 11 remaining M4 issues including the WCF one (QPID-1521). None
> of these are currently marked as blockers. If you believe any should be,
> please update them to blocker priority. If there are no M4 JIRAs of
> blocker priority at the end of the day then I will generate another RC.

Oops, this should be 12, and as rajith points out QPID-1552 is the WCF
one. I've marked QPID-1552 as fix for M4 so it will show up in the
lists, but unless we get some info on it soon, I don't think we should
hold up the release for it.

--Rafael

Re: M4 status?

Posted by Rafael Schloming <ra...@redhat.com>.

Re: M4 status?

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Re: M4 status?

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Aidan Skinner <ai...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 1:24 PM, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
> > What needs to be done on M4? is it done, just needing a build, is it time
> > build
> > another and branch it now?
> >
> > Anyone involved, please chime in.
>
> I asked the same question just before the holidays:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/qpid-dev/200812.mbox/%3Ca4265f2a0812240652y550f390bn98f9269972fe6262@mail.gmail.com%3E

Appologies for not replying  before going on holidays.

> I believe there is some work to do, but I am extremely confused about
> which Jiras actually need to be fixed, there are 20 targetted for it
> currently. None of them are anything to do with WCF AFAICT though,
> which is what I thought was holding it up...

The JIRA opened by Steve for the vc++ project file issue has been resolved.
The JIRA for the WCF issue is

Rajith

> - Aidan
>
> --
> Apache Qpid - World Domination through Advanced Message Queueing
> http://qpid.apache.org

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
http://rajith.2rlabs.com/