Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2012/08/04 10:53:29 UTC

[OT] Adobe releases open source font

Hi,

Little late to the party but just noticed that Adobe has release an open source font called Source Sans Pro. It's licensed under the Open Font Licence 1.1. Does anyone know it this is compatible with an Apache license?

Just in case we need to use a different font in the Mustella tests, web site etc etc.

Font can be found here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sourcesans.adobe/files/

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [OT] Adobe releases open source font

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 3:40 PM, Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com> wrote:
> ...Maybe either our mentors or legal-discuss knows whether the license is
> compatible....

http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?item_id=OFL_web is not
listed at [1] so far, but it's been discussed at

If someone wants to use fonts that use that license, best might be to
revive that discussion via legal-discuss@apache.org so that [1] can be
updated.

-Bertrand

[1] http://apache.org/legal/resolved.html

Re: [OT] Adobe releases open source font

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

On 8/4/12 4 :53AM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Little late to the party but just noticed that Adobe has release an open
>source font called Source Sans Pro. It's licensed under the Open Font
>Licence 1.1. Does anyone know it this is compatible with an Apache
>license?

I saw this as well and I also was wondering about the license.  The
license is here: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL.  Many, but not all of the
google web fonts seem to have this license.

Maybe either our mentors or legal-discuss knows whether the license is
compatible.

Carol