Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Denis Karyakin <sa...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/12 19:08:06 UTC

Taverna Databundle Viewer - progress

Hello
Sorry, I'm was a very busy with my graduation work and forgot send updates
in mail list.

I done:
Create new rails application
Set up devise: sign in and sign up + write tests for it
Omniauth authorization with facebook and google + write tests for it

For UI I found Bootstrap theme with the MIT licence.
It's ok to use this theme (https://github.com/almasaeed2010/AdminLTE)?

I has set up continious integration process: after push code on github, all
tests run on Semaphoreci (https://semaphoreci.com/) and if all tests are
success - deploy application to heroku (http://databundle.herokuapp.com/).
I has set up CodeClimate (
https://codeclimate.com/github/Samhane/incubator-taverna-databundle-viewer)
for control code quality and added badges to repository

Also, I have template for uploading files with carrierwave gem.

Also, I write some start documentation for run application

In some files I was added the Apache license header.
There I have a question: need add this header to all files? Or only for
files with some logic, for example controllers, models, specs?

I send pull request on github

Next week I will work by parsing databundle file, first task will be show
input and output.
For this task I need variety examples of databundle files. Where I can find
this?

Re: Taverna Databundle Viewer - progress

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
On 15 July 2015 at 10:55, alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> How this commits will be merge?
>> In original repository presented commits, which not presented in my
>> repository. Would I need to do pull from original?
> That would be the best way. I think it is just the NOTICE, LICENSE and
> README.md that have been changed.

I think git rebase should work well in this case as the changes should
not conflict with you:

git checkout master  # or whatever local branch you have
git checkout -b rebased # just in case it goes wrong
git remote add upstream
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-taverna-databundle-viewer.git
git fetch upstream
git rebase upstream/master
git checkout master # or whatever local branch you have
git reset --hard rebased

Byt if git rebase goes wrong and you are unable to easily fix it, e.g.
README.md conflicts, then a 'git merge' is probably easier:

git rebase --abort
git checkout master
git branch -D rebased # delete that failed attempt
git merge upstream/master

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

Re: Taverna Databundle Viewer - progress

Posted by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com>.
Hello Denis

I think the request is pulled into the Apache repository OK.

Alan

Re: Taverna Databundle Viewer - progress

Posted by Denis Karyakin <sa...@gmail.com>.
I created it just now)

Pull request can't automatically merge because content(every file) of
commits from  "Create Rails application" to "Updated README: simplified
installation instructions" is
already in repository
https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-databundle-viewer

In repository only content of commits, not the commits itself
This is because I'm not commiter to the original repository (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-databundle-viewer)

But how resolve this merge conflicts?)

Posted by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Denis Karyakin <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Denis Karyakin <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Alan Williams <al...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Denis Karyakin <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Denis Karyakin <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Denis Karyakin <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
What I need to do with different commits?

Currently I work with new features in separate git branch. I processed all
workflow files from the Starter Pack and now work by show workflow run from
input to output step by step

> Hello,

>> On 14/07/2015 23:11, Denis Karyakin wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> This is my report for almost two weeks.
>>>

>> It is OK to do more frequent commits - hint :)
>>

> Yes, I will try this...
>

>> I send last commits with new feature
>>> 1) User can upload databundle file
>>> 2) User can navigates to inputs and outputs of databundle file

Posted by Denis Karyakin <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Denis Karyakin <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
This is my report for almost two weeks.
I send last commits with new features:

Posted by Alan Williams <al...@googlemail.com>.
On 26-Jun-15 23:13, Denis Karyakin wrote:
> Yes, I did it! :)
> I have downloaded results from runs page of taverna-player-portal earlier.
> But this results were received by taverna-player-portal by url
> /runs/{id}/wd/out.
> Now I get results with /runs/{id}/run-bundle url. It's valid ro-bundle
> file, I checked with gem ruby-ro-bundle.
> I think, later need to add this functionality (get run-bundle file) to
> taverna-player-portal.

Yay! Happy dance :-D Well done.

Alan

Re: Taverna Databundle Viewer - progress

Posted by Denis Karyakin <sa...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I did it! :)

Posted by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Denis Karyakin <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alan Williams <al...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Denis Karyakin <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Denis Karyakin <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
How I can get robundle file from Taverna Server? After run workflow I get
zip archive only with outputs.
>From taverna player portal I can get full info about workflow run. Maybe
some convert this information in robundle file? Or I can use taverna player
API, without uploading file with result of workflow run?

Posted by Denis Karyakin <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, I will use this gem

Posted by Robert Haines <ro...@manchester.ac.uk>.
Hi Denis,