Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Sahoo <sa...@sun.com> on 2009/01/15 08:56:19 UTC

Are there JMX MBeans for Felix OSGi framework?

Is there any subproject in Felix where JMX MBeans for Felix are
developed? If not, is there any plan in place for such an activity?

Thanks,
Sahoo

Re: Are there JMX MBeans for Felix OSGi framework?

Posted by Didier Donsez <di...@imag.fr>.
GPL2 Classpath Extension -> GPL2 Classpath Exception
Sorry
Didier

Didier Donsez wrote:

> Miroslav, Sahoo
>
> As OA supporter, I do not the right to access to the RFC-139 (JMX
> Control of OSGi). Same for Stephane.
>
> stephane frenot wrote:
>
> >I don't know exactly the RFC-139 content,
> >but there is an implementation of JMX management for felix in the mosgi
> >subproject.
> >
> >You can try it if you go in the mosgi/doc directory and run core.sh,
> which
> >the jmx agent and some jmx mbeans and jmxconsole.sh which is a jmx
> jsr160
> >remote console under OSGi.
> >
> >Regards
> >/stephane
> >
> >2009/1/6 Miroslav Nachev <m....@prosyst.bg>
> >

> On my side, I have developed a set of MXBeans for OSGi (Bundle list,
> Felix shell) and the associated plugins for the JConsole/JVisualVM
>
> Have a glance on
> http://membres-liglab.imag.fr/donsez/dev/osgi/jconsole.osgi/jconsole.felixshell.swf
>

> I showed those plugins to Jerome D.  during the Berlin User Event
>
> Some are on my Web page
> http://membres-liglab.imag.fr/donsez/dev/osgi/jconsole.osgi/
> And some on my sandbox
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/felix/sandbox/donsez/mbean.shell/
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/felix/sandbox/donsez/mbean.shell.felix/
>
> Unfortunatly, the JConsole plugin API is "GPL2 Classpath Extension".
> So I'm sure if a plugin developed for the JConsole could ASL2 !!
> The Sun and Apache licencing experts may solve the problem of the
> license compatibility between ASL2 and GPL2 Classpath Extension.
> I mentionned that to Rick
>
> Kind regards
>
> Didier
>

> Miroslav Nachev wrote:
>
>> Hello Sahoo,
>>
>> Before a week I asked similar question:
>>
>>> There are no plans at this particular moment in time. We do have
>>> some subprojects dealing with JMX and OSGi, so in the long run it
>>> would be nice to see these adapted to implement RFC 139. We just
>>> need people to step up and contribute it.
>>>
>>> -> richard
>>>
>>> Miroslav Nachev wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Are there any plans for Felix to support RFC-139 (JMX Control of OSGi)?
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Miro.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Miro.
>>

>> Sahoo wrote:
>>
>>> Is there any subproject in Felix where JMX MBeans for Felix are
>>> developed? If not, is there any plan in place for such an activity?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Sahoo

Didier DONSEZ

Laboratoire LIG, Equipe ADELE
Universite Joseph Fourier
Bat. C, 220 rue de la Chimie, Domaine Universitaire
BP 53, 38041 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Tel : +33 4 76 63 55 49           Fax : +33 4 76 63 55 50
GPS : lat 45°11'38.3"N, lon 05°46'14.7"E, alt 223m

mailto:Didier.Donsez@imag.fr
Map:http://membres-liglab.imag.fr/donsez/map/map.html

Re: Are there JMX MBeans for Felix OSGi framework?

Posted by Didier Donsez <di...@imag.fr>.
Miroslav, Sahoo

Posted by Sahoo <sa...@sun.com>.
Thanks Miro for the quick response.

Sahoo

Posted by Miroslav Nachev <m....@prosyst.bg>.
Hello Sahoo,

Before a week I asked similar question:
> There are no plans at this particular moment in time. We do have some
> subprojects dealing with JMX and OSGi, so in the long run it would be
> nice to see these adapted to implement RFC 139. We just need people to
> step up and contribute it.
>
> -> richard
>
> Miroslav Nachev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any plans for Felix to support RFC-139 (JMX Control of OSGi)?
>

> Regards,
> Miro.

Regards,
Miro.

Sahoo wrote:
> Is there any subproject in Felix where JMX MBeans for Felix are
> developed? If not, is there any plan in place for such an activity?
>
> Thanks,
> Sahoo

Miroslav Nachev · Senior Software Engineer · Enterprise Solutions
ProSyst Labs Ltd. · ProSyst Software GmbH
48 Vladaiska Str., 1606 Sofia, Bulgaria
Tel.: (+359-2) 952-35-81/314 · Fax.: (+359 2) 953 26 17
Mobile: (+359-88) 897-31-95 · Google Talk: mnachev@gmail.com
http://www.prosyst.com · Email: m.nachev@prosyst.bg

Re: Are there JMX MBeans for Felix OSGi framework?

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
And, in case nobody has mentioned it yet, there is also an upcoming
OSGi spec describing exactly what beans should be there for managing
the framework as well as some compendium services. Eventually it would
probably be good to move to that standard.

Greetings, Marcel

Posted by Didier Donsez <di...@imag.fr>.
The subproject MOSGi
http://felix.apache.org/site/mosgi-managed-osgi-framework.html offers
already the JMX support in Felix (OSGi in general).
I use MBeans injected by the iPOJO JMX handler
http://felix.apache.org/site/ipojo-jmx-handler.html
Didier

Alin Dreghiciu wrote:

>Also, ServiceMix Kernel 1.1.0 provide JMX support for managing the
>OSGi framework and features. And looks like SMXK will become Felix
>subproject.
>
>On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 7:23 PM, Frank Schwarz <fs...@gmx.net> wrote:
>

>>Hi Sahoo,
>>
>>it may be worthwhile to have a look at MAEXO
>>(http://code.google.com/p/maexo/).
>>
>>With the MAEXO-bundles deployed, you will gain access to OSGi bundles and
>>various services via JMX. Moreover you can quite easily publish your own
>>services as MBeans. MAEXO adheres to the OSGi principles as much as
>>possible.
>>
>>-- Frank
>>

>>Sahoo wrote:
>>

>>>Is there any subproject in Felix where JMX MBeans for Felix are
>>>developed? If not, is there any plan in place for such an activity?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>Sahoo

>>--

Didier DONSEZ

Laboratoire LIG, Equipe ADELE
Universite Joseph Fourier
Bat. C, 220 rue de la Chimie, Domaine Universitaire
BP 53, 38041 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Tel : +33 4 76 63 55 49           Fax : +33 4 76 63 55 50
GPS : lat 45° 11' 38.28" lon 5° 46' 14.79" E, alt 223m

Posted by Alin Dreghiciu <ad...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frank Schwarz <fs...@gmx.net>.
Hi Sahoo,

Posted by stephane frenot <st...@insa-lyon.fr>.
The mosgi subprojects contains an entire JMX framework for felix.

The managedelemnts.xxx are all JMX MBeans that represents felix. You can
install these bundles and access the JMX agent through a management console.

You can also use the jmx.xxx bundles, that embeds access to the JMX agent
within felix. This enable a modular access to the agent.

Finally you have an independent console with the console.xxx stuff, were you
have a JSR160 compatible management console.

If you want to try the entire system,
cd $FELIX/mosgi/doc

Run :
 core.sh --> that starts, the agent wrapper and some JMX MBeans
and in another terminal
 jmxconsole.sh --> that starts a specific management console

regards
/stephane

2009/1/15 Sahoo <sa...@sun.com>

> Is there any subproject in Felix where JMX MBeans for Felix are
> developed? If not, is there any plan in place for such an activity?
>
> Thanks,
> Sahoo

http://perso.citi.insa-lyon.fr/sfrenot
work here : http://tinyurl.com/2ts4xf