Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by name name2 <an...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/05 07:39:38 UTC

prs

Hello

Questions from PR: #5598
I need test guidance and consult the tutorials for PRs.

Also i need approve is this changes acceptable:

WsitProjectOpenedHook:

WsitPojectOpenedHook -> WsitProjectOpenedHook

ErrorUtils:

public static void processError(BmcResponse reqest, String errorMessage) {

→ local variable name

public static void processError(BmcResponse request, String errorMessage) {

CommandRestTest:

removed unused import

enterprise/web.core.syntax/src/org/netbeans/modules/web/core/syntax/resources/layer.xml

<file name="JspImportProcesor.instance">

->

<file name="JspImportProcessor.instance">

<file name="TagImportProcesor.instance">

->

<file name="TagImportProcessor.instance">

enterprise/web.core.syntax/src/org/netbeans/modules/web/core/syntax/resources/layer.xml

ide/bugzilla/src/org/netbeans/modules/bugzilla/query/QueryParameter.java

*PV_FIELD_REP_PLARFORM*

->

*PV_FIELD_REP_PLATFORM*

ide/csl.api/apichanges.xml

<change id="CancelSuppport">

->

<change id="CancelSupport">

DocumentationUrl description

Extending code completion hadler to provide a way client may

specify external documentation URL.

->

Extending code completion handler to provide a way client may

specify external documentation URL.

ide/libs.graalsdk/test/unit/src/org/netbeans/libs/graalsdk/ScriptingTutorial.java

tetsAccessJSONObjectProperties

→ (tets)

testAccessJSONObjectProperties

ide/properties/test/qa-functional/src/lib/PropertiesEditorTestCase.java

openExistedPropetiesFileInClassicEditor

→ (Propeties)

openExistedPropertiesFileInClassicEditor

ide/team.commons/src/org/netbeans/modules/team/spi/TeamAccessor.java

*PROP_PROJETCS_CHANGED*

->

*PROP_PROJECTS_CHANGED*

java/form/src/org/netbeans/modules/form/project/ClassPathUtils.java

public static void releaseFormClassLoader(FileObject fileInPoject) {

->(Poject)

public static void releaseFormClassLoader(FileObject fileInProject) {

java/maven/src/org/netbeans/modules/maven/NbMavenProjectImpl.java

void startHardReferencingMavenPoject() {

->(Poject)

void startHardReferencingMavenProject() {

void stopHardReferencingMavenPoject() {

->(Poject)

void stopHardReferencingMavenProject() {

java/refactoring.java/test/qa-functional/src/org/netbeans/modules/test/refactoring/operators/IntroduceParameterOperator.java

public JCheckBoxOperator getGenerateJvadoc() {

->(Jvadoc)

public JCheckBoxOperator getGenerateJavadoc() {

nbbuild/antsrc/org/netbeans/nbbuild/FixTestDependencies.java

boolean readCodeNameBases(Set<String> compileCNB,

Set <String> testsCNB,

Properties projectPropertis,

String property,

Set <String> allCnbs,

Set <ModuleListParser.Entry> entries) {

→ (projectPropertis)

boolean readCodeNameBases(Set<String> compileCNB,

Set <String> testsCNB,

Properties projectProperties,

String property,

Set <String> allCnbs,

Set <ModuleListParser.Entry> entries) {

nbbuild/installer/mac/newbuild/build.xml

<target name="init-locale-propeties">

->

<target name="init-locale-properties">

<target name="build-lproj-dir" depends="init-locale-propeties">

->

<target name="build-lproj-dir" depends="init-locale-properties">

nbbuild/installer/test/test/org/netbeans/test/installer/Utils.java

public static void stepChooseComponet( String name, TestData data )

->(Componet)

public static void stepChooseComponent(String name, TestData data )

php/php.dbgp/src/org/netbeans/modules/php/dbgp/models/nodes/ContextNode.java

public int getVaraibleSize() {

->(Varaible)

public int getVariableSize() {

platform/openide.util/test/unit/src/org/openide/xml/XMLUtilTest.java

public void
findSubElements_returnsEmptyList_whenNodeWithCommentAndBlankTextChidrenOnly()
{

->(Chidren)

public void
findSubElements_returnsEmptyList_whenNodeWithCommentAndBlankTextChildrenOnly()
{

platform/sendopts/test/unit/src/org/netbeans/api/sendopts/DefineRefineIgnoreTest.java

public void testWithoutAdditonal() throws CommandException {

->(Additonal)

public void testWithoutAdditional() throws CommandException {

profiler/profiler/src/org/netbeans/modules/profiler/ResultsManager.java

public LoadedSnapshot prepareSnapshot(boolean reqeustData) {

->(reqeust)

public LoadedSnapshot prepareSnapshot(boolean requestData) {

Re: prs

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net.INVALID>.
Some comments inline

On 5/3/23 8:39, name name2 wrote:
> Hello
>
> Questions from PR: #5598
> I need test guidance and consult the tutorials for PRs.

Google points you to
https://netbeans.apache.org/tutorials/nbm-test.html, which is not
reviewed but still mostly useful.

To test a module in NetBeans you choose "Run / Test Project" in the main
menu or "ant test" from the command line.

You may also want to run other different tests:

ant rat : Checks for files that do not comply with ASF licensing.
ant verify-libs-and-licenses: Similar to above, for license content.
ant commit-validation: Tests IDE to validate before commit.
ant tryme: To run the resulting IDE and see everything works as expected.

> Also i need approve is this changes acceptable:

The rest of your email is not understandable. It looks like a copy of
the changes you want to do in your PR without any explanation. You only
need to discuss in the mailing lists those changes that are an API/SPI
change (this is, those that may affect the people using the API).

It seems you're trying to change many things at once: tests, UI forms,
APIs, etc.

I'd suggest you focus on **modifying tests only in your PR** and
temporarily remove the rest of changes (API/SPI changes, desynchronized
Java-form files, etc.), make sure that those tests work properly.

When tests (and only tests) work properly for you, ask for review of
your PR. Once the PR is approved, tackle the rest of changes (APIs,
forms, etc.) in a different PR.

The objective is to make sure that the tests you are modifying work
properly, so that we do not accidentally end up with a red master
situation [1] as in february.

Cheers,
Antonio

[1]