Posted to dev@kyuubi.apache.org by Cheng Pan <ch...@apache.org> on 2021/09/06 07:54:16 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Kyuubi v1.3.0-incubating RC9

Hello Apache Kyuubi PPMC and Community,

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as
Apache Kyuubi (Incubating) version v1.3.0-incubating.

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Kyuubi v1.3.0-incubating
[ ] +0

To learn more about Apache Kyuubi (Incubating), please see
https://kyuubi.apache.org/

The tag to be voted on is v1.3.0-incubating-rc9 (commit ff9bab6):
https://github.com/apache/incubator-kyuubi/tree/v1.3.0-incubating-rc9

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/kyuubi/v1.3.0-incubating-rc9/

Signatures used for Kyuubi RCs can be found in this file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/kyuubi/KEYS

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekyuubi-1009/

The commit list since the RC7:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-kyuubi/compare/v1.3.0-incubating-rc7...v1.3.0-incubating-rc9

=================================
How can I help test this release?
=================================

If you are a Kyuubi user, you can help us test this release by taking
an existing Kyuubi workload and running on this release candidate, then
reporting any regressions.

In the Java/Scala, you can add the staging repository to your projects
resolvers
and test with the RC (make sure to clean up the artifact cache before/after
so
you don't end up building with a out of date RC going forward).

What should happen to GitHub issues still targeting v1.3.0-incubating?

Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug fixes,
documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should be worked on
immediately. Everything else please retarget to an appropriate release.

=======================
But my bug isn't fixed?
=======================

In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the release
unless
the bug in question is a regression from the previous release. That being
said,
if there is something which is a regression that has not been correctly
targeted
please ping me or a committer to help target the issue.

Thanks,
Cheng Pan

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Kyuubi v1.3.0-incubating RC9

Posted by XiDuo You <ul...@gmail.com>.
+1

- signature is good
    svn checkout --depth=files "
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/kyuubi/v1.3.0-incubating-rc9/
"
    gpg --verify apache-kyuubi-1.3.0-incubating-source.tgz.asc
apache-kyuubi-1.3.0-incubating-source.tgz
    gpg --verify apache-kyuubi-1.3.0-incubating-bin.tgz.asc
apache-kyuubi-1.3.0-incubating-bin.tgz
- digests is good
    for i in *.tgz; do echo $i; gpg --print-md SHA512 $i; done
- Spark extension works
- Event log works
- Kyuubi Query Engine UI works
- All test passed

Kent Yao <ya...@apache.org> 于2021年9月7日周二 下午12:02写道:

Posted by Kent Yao <ya...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Cheng Pan <ch...@apache.org>.
Starting with my +1

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
+1

- Ran `mvn clean package -DskipTests` [OK]
- Checked signatures and LICENSE and NOTICE files

Best,
Vino

Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org> 于2021年9月8日周三 上午5:39写道:

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Fu Chen <cf...@gmail.com>.
+1

- Ran `./build/mvn -Pspark-hadoop-2.7 package` [OK]