Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/21 18:46:19 UTC

GSoC 2016 for NUTCH-1756

Hi All,

I'm Furkan KAMACI and I was a participant for GSoC 2015 last year. I've
successfully finished my task (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GORA-386) and it was really nice to
work as a GSoC student.

This year, I want to work on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-1756 for GSoC 2016. I'm
familiar with Nutch, work on it and has contributed before.

I'm planning to implement all new features for Nutch 2.x. I have some
questions and ideas for that. Firstly, I'm planning to link all these
issues:

than create a new issue for Nutch 2.x of this task:

Also, I wonder that is that any reason to implement Nutch API package with
restlet and use Miredot for documentation? If reason is simplicity, than
Swagger could be used with restlet due to this:

https://restlet.com/technical-resources/restlet-framework/guide/2.3/extensions/swagger

I can re-implement it for Nutch 2.x with Jersey (reference implementation
of Java) and embedded Jetty. Swagger could be used for documentation. I
need your feedback about them.

Lastly, I want to implement both authentication and authorization for Nutch
2.x. I want to implement various ways which will be optional i.e. Solr has:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Authentication+and+Authorization+Plugins

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

Re: GSoC 2016 for NUTCH-1756

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Clarification:

That's all one issue what I want to implement: Security Layer to Nutch

I want to implement it as a comprehensive way including security
functionality (authentication, authorization), security plugins,
documentation, Shiro integration and refactoring the existing code.

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI