Posted to users@camel.apache.org by ruangerm <ru...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/04 20:10:19 UTC

How print header without square brackets

Hi all,

I need to send a text message response to a JMS queuethat contains an
existing header (file_header) value (in this case something like B,S,3,10)
in the outgoing body . So the response needs to look something like this:

B,S,3,10
2,2,3,4,List 2,BList2
2,2,3,4,List 3,BList3

I am using the following to construct the response:
        transform(simple("${header.file_header}\n${body}")).to("jms:....
However, the output is being created like this on my JMS queue

[B,S,3,10]
2,2,3,4,List 2,BList2
2,2,3,4,List 3,BList3

Is it possible to have the brackets removed without having to revert to some
kind of string manipulation in Java in a process/bean?

Any help is appreciated greatly.
Regards
Ruan

Re: How print header without square brackets

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 8:31 PM, Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The brackets are there I'm guessing because your file_header header is some
> sort of Java collection? You can most likely do an inline trim or substring
> using another scripting language instead of "simple" - Groovy for example
> http://camel.apache.org/groovy.html. But it would be just as easy to create
> a simple bean or processor for this IMO.

If the file_header is a List/Array and you know that it should just
grab the 1st entry of the list/array, you can index this with the
simple language:

 transform(simple("${header.file_header[0]}\n${body}"))

See more details at: (simple OGNL support)
http://camel.apache.org/simple

Alternatively then strong scripting languages such as Groovy,
JavaScript, etc could be an alternative
http://camel.apache.org/languages.html

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: How print header without square brackets

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
The brackets are there I'm guessing because your file_header header is some
sort of Java collection? You can most likely do an inline trim or substring
using another scripting language instead of "simple" - Groovy for example
http://camel.apache.org/groovy.html. But it would be just as easy to create
a simple bean or processor for this IMO.

Cheers,
Jon

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 3:40 PM, ruangerm <ru...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need to send a text message response to a JMS queuethat contains an
> existing header (file_header) value (in this case something like B,S,3,10)
> in the outgoing body . So the response needs to look something like this:
>
> B,S,3,10
> 2,2,3,4,List 2,BList2
> 2,2,3,4,List 3,BList3
>
> I am using the following to construct the response:
>        transform(simple("${header.file_header}\n${body}")).to("jms:....
> However, the output is being created like this on my JMS queue
>
> [B,S,3,10]
> 2,2,3,4,List 2,BList2
> 2,2,3,4,List 3,BList3
>
> Is it possible to have the brackets removed without having to revert to
> some
> kind of string manipulation in Java in a process/bean?
>
> Any help is appreciated greatly.
> Regards
> Ruan

Cheers,