Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.uzh.ch> on 2011/09/19 11:02:17 UTC

nutch 1.3 solrindex empty content field

Hi

I tried to run nutch-1.3 together with solr  3.x according to
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NutchTutorial.

That worked as described but if I try to search the index using the Solr
admin
interface i always get an empty result.

http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/schema.jsp

Using the Schema Browser I see entries in different fields (e.g. the url
field) but the content field is emtpy. I
was looking for similar problem on the mailing list but I didn't found a
solution for this problem.

Here is what  I did:

1.) ./bin/nutch crawl urls -dir crawl -depth 3 -topN 5
2.) Dumping the segment (./bin/nutch readseg -dump
crawl/segments/20110916124747 test). The script
      did also dump the content of the web pages. All seems to be ok here.
3.) Copy the nutch schema.xml to the solr conf directory
4.) bin/nutch solrindex http://127.0.0.1:8983/solr/ crawl/crawldb
crawl/linkdb crawl/segments/*
5.) And then trying to search using http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/.
but didn't found any HTML-content.
      However if there was a pdf-File to crawl, this pdf-Content is found.

BTW. Using Nutch 1.1 and solr 1.4.1 all worked as expected.  I could use
these version but I am upgrading
from an older Nutch Version and it would be nice if I could use the
newer version where nutch and solr
are better integrated.

Any Ideas what might be wrong?

Jann

--

Jann Forrer
Informatikdienste

oooO   mail:jann.forrer@id.uzh.ch
(  )   phone: +41 44 63 56772
  \ (   fax:   +41 44 63 54505
   \_)http://www.id.uzh.ch

Re: nutch 1.3 solrindex empty content field

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.

On Monday 19 September 2011 15:58:35 lewis john mcgibbney wrote:
> Yes, what Markus has pointed out is the problem I think Jann. This means
> you need to re-index you're data and change the stored and index value to
> true.
>
> Markus', out of interest do you know the pro's/con's if we were to make
> this default in the Nutch schema? For example, with small indexes I
> wouldn't imagine there would be much difference, however non-trivial sized
> indexes I would imagine would be a different story...

The index size ~ *2.1

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.uzh.ch>.
Hi

Thanks for your fast help.

On 09/19/2011 04:26 PM, lewis john mcgibbney wrote:
> Does this solve you're problem Jann?

No, unfortunately not.  I  changed the content entry within the nutch
schema
    runtime/local/conf/schema.xml
and the solr schema
    example/solr/conf/schema.xml
<field name="content" type="text" stored="true" indexed="true"/>

After that I deleted the whole crawl-directory and the solr data-directory
and try to re-index using:

bin/nutch crawl urls -dir crawl -depth 3 -topN 5
bin/nutch solrindex http://127.0.0.1:8983/solr/ crawl/crawldb
crawl/linkdb crawl/segments/*

But still I got no results doing a simple search. Looking at the content
field within the solr admin
page I got:

Field Type: text

Properties: Indexed, Tokenized, Stored

Schema: Indexed, Tokenized, Stored

Position Increment Gap: 100

Index Analyzer: org.apache.solr.analysis.TokenizerChain Details

Tokenizer Class: org.apache.solr.analysis.WhitespaceTokenizerFactory

Filters:

    1. org.apache.solr.analysis.StopFilterFactory args:{words:
stopwords.txt ignoreCase: true luceneMatchVersion: LUCENE_31 }
    2. org.apache.solr.analysis.WordDelimiterFilterFactory
args:{splitOnCaseChange: 1 generateNumberParts: 1 catenateWords: 1
luceneMatchVersion: LUCENE_31 generateWordParts: 1 catenateAll: 0
catenateNumbers: 1 }
    3. org.apache.solr.analysis.LowerCaseFilterFactory
args:{luceneMatchVersion: LUCENE_31 }
    4. org.apache.solr.analysis.EnglishPorterFilterFactory
args:{protected: protwords.txt luceneMatchVersion: LUCENE_31 }
    5. org.apache.solr.analysis.RemoveDuplicatesTokenFilterFactory
args:{luceneMatchVersion: LUCENE_31 }

Query Analyzer: org.apache.solr.analysis.TokenizerChain Details

Tokenizer Class: org.apache.solr.analysis.WhitespaceTokenizerFactory

Filters:

    1. org.apache.solr.analysis.StopFilterFactory args:{words:
stopwords.txt ignoreCase: true luceneMatchVersion: LUCENE_31 }
    2. org.apache.solr.analysis.WordDelimiterFilterFactory
args:{splitOnCaseChange: 1 generateNumberParts: 1 catenateWords: 1
luceneMatchVersion: LUCENE_31 generateWordParts: 1 catenateAll: 0
catenateNumbers: 1 }
    3. org.apache.solr.analysis.LowerCaseFilterFactory
args:{luceneMatchVersion: LUCENE_31 }
    4. org.apache.solr.analysis.EnglishPorterFilterFactory
args:{protected: protwords.txt luceneMatchVersion: LUCENE_31 }
    5. org.apache.solr.analysis.RemoveDuplicatesTokenFilterFactory
args:{luceneMatchVersion: LUCENE_31 }

Docs: 0

BTW I did crawl http://www.rauchfrei.uzh.ch/ and try to search
"Passivrauchen", a word occuring on the index page.

Jann

Posted by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.

--
*Lewis*

Re: nutch 1.3 solrindex empty content field

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
*previous sent by accident

Posted by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.

--
*Lewis*

Re: nutch 1.3 solrindex empty content field

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.