Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ali Nazemian <al...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/06 17:04:54 UTC

Solr cross core join special condition

I was wondering how can I overcome this query requirement in Solr 5.2.1:

I have two different Solr cores refer as "core1" and "core2". core1  has
some fields such as field1, field2 and field3 and core2 has some other
fields such as field1, field4 and field5. I am looking for Solr query which
can return all of the documents requiring field1, field2, field3, field4
and field5 with considering some condition on core1.

For example:
core1:
-field1:123
-field2:"foo"
-field3:"bar"

core2:
-field1:123
-field4:"hello"
-field5:"world"

returning result:
field1:123
field2:"foo"
field3:"bar"
field4:"hello"
field4:"world"

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--
A.Nazemian

Re: Solr cross core join special condition

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 10/11/2015 8:01 AM, Ali Nazemian wrote:
> I did check the jira issue that you mentioned but it seems its target is
> Solr 6! Am I correct? The patch failed for Solr 5.3 due to class not found.
> For Solr 5.x should I try to implement something similar myself?

Virtually all changes that are made to Solr are done first in trunk
(currently trunk is slated to be the 6.0 release) and then are
backported to the stable branch (currently branch_5x).

If a change is particularly controversial, difficult to directly and
reliably test, very large, or breaks backward compatibility in a major
way, then it may not get backported to the stable branch.  The feature
will remain unreleased until a large amount of work is completed to make
a new major version ready for release.

Sometimes a new feature will be committed to trunk, worked on for
several weeks or months to make sure it's ready, and *then* get moved to
the stable branch for release.

I admit to not really understanding what SOLR-7584 is about, but if the
code (when it's fully done) is solid and includes some tests to make
sure it works, it doesn't look like something that needs to wait for
6.0.  The patch is somewhat large, at 50K, but it looks like the bulk of
it is new code, not large-scale changes to existing code.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Solr cross core join special condition

Posted by Ali Nazemian <al...@gmail.com>.
Dear Shawn,
Hi,

Since in Yonki's Solr blog <http://yonik.com/solr-5-4/> it is mentioned
that this feature is one of the Solr 5.4 features. I assume it will
back-ported to the next stable release (5.4). Please correct me if it is
the wrong assumption.
Thank you very much.

Sincerely yours.

Posted by Ali Nazemian <al...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much.

Posted by Susheel Kumar <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ali Nazemian <al...@gmail.com>.
Dear Susheel,
Hi,

Posted by Susheel Kumar <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dennis Gove <dp...@gmail.com>.
I am intending to backport SOLR-7584 to 5_x. It depends on a couple of
changes in a patch related to the new SQL API which is not being
backported. I've got to go through and pull out the pieces needed and
create a patch for 5_x. Hopefully we'll have this in 5_x soon.

Posted by Steven Bower <sb...@alcyon.net>.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan Josal <ry...@josal.com>.

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 7:05 AM, Ali Nazemian <al...@gmail.com> wrote:

> it
> seems there is not any way to do that right now and it should be developed
> somehow. Am I right?

yep

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

<http://www.griddynamics.com>
<mk...@griddynamics.com>

Re: Solr cross core join special condition

Posted by Ali Nazemian <al...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, but child document transformer is used for nested document inside
single core but I am looking for multiple core result joining. Then it
seems there is not any way to do that right now and it should be developed
somehow. Am I right?
Regards.

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
thus, something like [child]

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

<http://www.griddynamics.com>
<mk...@griddynamics.com>

Re: Solr cross core join special condition

Posted by Ali Nazemian <al...@gmail.com>.
Dear Mikhail,

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
Hello,