Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Seth Brahler <sp...@cornell.edu> on 2002/10/04 19:54:18 UTC

JSP Form Problem

I know this is a Tomcat list, but my back is against the wall and I'm
hoping someone can help.

I just discovered that my form breaks if the user types in an apostrophe.

On the process page, i am setting the passed variable to a string.
"filelocation" is the name of my text field:

String filelocation = request.getParameter("filelocation");

How can I stop this from happening? There may be times when the user has to
use the apostrophe symbol (obviously).

Thank you.

Re: Tomcat Problem

Posted by Uma Maheswar <um...@globalleafs.com>.
Hi Probst,
Sorry, I did that. Not helpful. Any other way?

Uma

Posted by Andreas Probst <an...@gmx.net>.
Hi Uma,

Tomcat Problem

Re: JSP Form Problem

Posted by fong <fo...@shunkam.com>.
Hi

I had got this problems before.

I think your jsp may be connect to database. This occur because the
apostrophe symbol insert to your sql statement.

Fong