Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by og...@yahoo.com on 2005/08/06 18:36:55 UTC

Re: [Nutch-general] Use Nutch to search Nutch and Lucene indexes.

Abhijit,

> I have indexed a set of local XML files using a small Lucene +
> Digester
> application.  And I have used Nutch to crawl and index a website
> using
> intranet crawl.  Can I use Nutch to do a combined search on both
> these different indexes?

Thinking about it the other way around may be easier: use Lucene to
search both indices.  This may be easier because Nutch in the end
creates a regular Lucene index, and because Lucene is a smaller beast
than Nutch, and thus easier to work with in the beginning.

So, my suggestion is to look at Nutch, figure out where its final index
is created, and then look at the Lucene API and write an application
that uses it to search all your Lucene/Nutch indices.

Otis

Simpy -- http://www.simpy.com/ -- Find it. Tag it. Share it.

Re: [Nutch-general] Use Nutch to search Nutch and Lucene indexes.

Posted by Nils Hoeller <ni...@arcor.de>.
Hey Abhijit,

I have the same problem.

I will also try to  use Lucene for the Nutch Index.
If it works, I ll post my solution here.

It would be nice if you do so too, if you
found the solution.

Thanks Nils

Posted by Abhijit Nadgouda <an...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Otis,