Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by krushnat khawale <kr...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/02 11:23:20 UTC

Code coverage for Storm-Kafka-Hbase Integration

Hello Team,
Greetings!

     We're working on a use case where storm topology creates as follows,

  1) KAFKA Spout - Consumes events from Kafka
  2) Bolt1               - Decodes messages
  3) Bolt2               - Filters messages
  4) HBase bolt      - Inserts messages to HBase

We want to test the code that we've written and also want to have enough
code coverage.
We've written the tests for methods of components using JUnit but those are
not for entire topology.
But these are not covering any of the code written. We've even written
integration tests are per the blogs
suggested using Testing, MkClusterParam classes but code is not being
covered which is must for us.

   Could you please comment on this? Also looking forward for
Storm-Kafka-Hbase integration testing best practices
and tutorials.