Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Phillip Qin <pq...@shareowner.com> on 2003/06/04 19:32:07 UTC

tomcat manager deploy and undeploy

Did anyone solve "Cannot remove document base for path /mywebapp"?

My environment is

Redhat 7.2

Apache 2.0.46

Tomcat 4.1.24

J2sdk 1.4.1_01

I deployed my webapp using Catalina-ant Deploy task. War file was uploaded
to work/Standalone/myhost/manager and unpacked into webapps/mywebapp. I was
trying to undeploy it using Undeploy task and got the above error message. I
also tested deploy/undeploy on Windows 2000. Same issue.

I searched the whole mailing list archive but could not find a answer. I saw
someone logged it to Buzilla. Is it really a bug?

Regards,

PQ

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment'

is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was

'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

Re: tomcat manager deploy and undeploy

Posted by Jim Lynch <jw...@sgi.com>.
I do an ant remove before I do the deploy.  That works for me.

Jim.