Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/10/03 22:58:59 UTC

[Ws Wiki] Update of "Tuscany/TuscanyCpp/Tasks" by AndrewBorley

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by AndrewBorley:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/TuscanyCpp/Tasks

  '''This is NOT a project plan. This is just a tentative list of tasks for discussion '''

  Legend:
-  * '''[IN]''': We've reached a consensus that we want to do this work for our M2 release.
+  * '''[RC1]''': We've reached a consensus that we want to do this work for Release Candidate 1 of our M2 release.
   * '''[OUT]''': We're not going to work on this for our M2 release.

  Please don't hesitate to volunteer and add your name to the tasks you want to work on...
@@ -16, +16 @@

  == Outstanding JIRA issues ==

  == SDO function ==
-
+  * '''[RC1]''' Stdcxx as a build option on Linux and Windows. Not used in binary release (Geoff)
+  * '''[RC1]''' Support for an identified level of the SDO spec (2.01)
+
  == SCA function ==
   * Exceptions
     * Refactoring of exception hierarchy in core & extensions.
   * Extensions
+    * '''[RC1]''' CPP, WS, SCA, Python, Ruby included in binary release (Pete)
     * Python extension
-      * Alter name of extension Python module from TuscanySCA to SCA.
+      * '''[RC1]''' Alter name of extension Python module from TuscanySCA to SCA (Andy, done).
       * Re-jig the core to allow Python components to not require a .componentType side file.
       * Enable passing structured data to Python scripts in addition to simple types (using Python Element``Trees for example).
     * PHP extension
@@ -33, +36 @@

     * REST binding
       * Complete this based on Axis2C support or
       * Come up with an even lighter implementation directly as an Apache httpd module.
-  * Support for an identified level of the SCA assembly, binding and C&I specs - 0.96?
+  * '''[RC1]''' Support for an identified level of the SCA assembly (0.96) and C++ C&I specs (0.95)

  == Samples ==
   * Big``Bank
@@ -43, +46 @@

   * New samples for new extensions or functionality: Ruby/Python/PHP/REST/...
   * A sample showing how to turn existing C and/or C++ code into an SCA component.
   * Real life samples, talking to Google, Yahoo and Amazon Web Services for example.
-  * A single helloworld sample
+  * '''[OUT]''' A single helloworld sample
+  * '''[RC1]''' Calculator, Python``Calculator, Ruby``Calculator, Big``Bank, Ruby``Bank (Andy)

  == Tests ==
   * Script or make option integrated into builds to deploy & run all tests.
   * Extra tests

  == Documentation ==
-  * Developer build instructions
+  * '''[RC1]''' How to build SDO (with or without stdcxx) and SCA (Andy)
+  * '''[RC1]''' How to build/run the samples for SDO/SCA (Andy)
+  * '''[RC1]''' Describe the new SCA language extensions progamming models in the samples (Andy)
   * New language extensions
-  * Release notes
+  * '''[RC1]''' Release notes
-    * Include list of limitations in respect to Spec support
+    * Include list of limitations in respect to Spec support (Sebastien)
   * How to deploy/use Tuscany with Apache httpd + the Axis2C axis2_mod.
-  * How to turn existing C and/or C++ code into an SCA component
+  * '''[RC1]''' How to turn existing C and/or C++ code into an SCA component (Andy)
   * How to set up the environment, install or build our runtime, write and run a first SCA app
   * Short design docs describing the key aspects of our design (e.g. our extensibility story) for people who want to understand how the runtime works and contribute to it.
+  * How to use Axis REST support with SCA

  == Packaging/Deployment ==
   * Simplify and open our tuscany-root folder structure to allow people to choose the structure that best fits their environment.

  == Platforms ==
-  * Linux
-  * Windows (VC++ express? VC6, or VC7?)
+  * '''[RC1]''' Linux
+  * '''[RC1]''' Windows (VC6)
   * Mac OS-X

  == Dependencies ==
+  * '''[RC1]''' Axis2C 0.93
-  * Axis2C 0.93 or 0.94
-  * Stdcxx as a build option

  == Release Requirements ==
-  * '''[IN]''' Update Licence text in source files to the new Apache wording (Pete)
+  * '''[RC1]''' Update Licence text in source files to the new Apache wording (Pete)
-  * '''[IN]''' Update release build scripts for linux and windows
+  * '''[RC1]''' Update release build scripts
+    * Linux - RHEL4 (Sebastien)
+    * Windows - MSVC6 & command line (Pete)

  [wiki:/M1Tasks Tasks that were completed for the M1 C++ release]