Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/11 02:46:38 UTC

down-level entities?

Hi,

I'm getting warnings most of the time that I run my build complaining about down-level entities. Are we maybe logging this too eagerly?

Right now, it looks like every time that a new OpenJPA build is created, we record different enhancement values in the entities. Since I'm using 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT, that means that if I don't do a clean build every day, I see messages about down-level entities. I think that this level of logging is useful, but changes to the enhancement contract are very rare indeed. It seems like we should just increment something deliberately when such a contractual change happens, rather than using the svn revision information as a proxy for it.

Thoughts?

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907

Re: down-level entities?

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.
Cool, thanks for the update.

>> I don't like the idea of having the manually increment a value in
>> PCEnhancer anytime the file is changed because I think it'll fall to the
>> wayside pretty quickly.

Hm. Many changes to PCEnhancer are compatible with previous versions, but I guess that's a fair approximation for a compatibility warning.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907