Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Peter Nabbefeld <pe...@gmx.de> on 2018/06/05 05:53:22 UTC

How to create a module suite using Maven?

Hello,

using Maven, there's a project type for NetBeans Applications, but not
for a NetBeans Module Suites.

So I created a POM project and added some NetBeans Modules. But I cannot
start it.

The POM project cannot be started with NetBeans, and the single modules
aren't required (though dependent), so starting the "main module"
doesn't load its dependencies.

What am I missing?

Kind regards
Peter

Re: How to create a module suite using Maven?

Posted by Peter Nabbefeld <pe...@gmx.de>.
Seems I've made some mistakes in configuration, probably because of some
copy/paste done wrong.

Posted by Peter Nabbefeld <pe...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Tim Boudreau <ni...@gmail.com>.
In a pinch, you can always use the Maven antrun plugin, overriding the run
target to build all the NBMs and unpack them into some directory
*$YOUR_CLUSTER* - which can be anywhere on your disk you want.  Then, using
a *copy* of NetBeans, not the IDE you're running, or strange things will
happen, add $YOUR_CLUSTER to the list in netbeans.conf's
netbeans_extracluster variable;  in ~/.m2/settings.xml set
netbeans.installation to the copy you're using.  Then just launch
$NB_COPY/bin/netbeans.  Ain't pretty, but ought to work, and is a little
closer to what the Ant suite run task does.

Basically, if you're developing modules to integrate into the IDE, the
workflow is a little smoother using Ant once you get beyond developing
single modules.  The Maven stuff - and suites - make some tacit assumptions
that you're building a platform application, and in the case of Maven, that
you want to work against a known version of the platform/IDE available from
a Maven repo.

-Tim

http://timboudreau.com

Re: How to create a module suite using Maven?

Posted by Peter Nabbefeld <pe...@gmx.de>.
Hi Geertjan,

Posted by Peter Nabbefeld <pe...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Peter Nabbefeld <pe...@gmx.de>.
Hello Geertjan,

I'll go to try that later today, probably this evening.

Kind regards
Peter

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Peter Nabbefeld <pe...@gmx.de>.
Hi Geertjan, thank You!

Posted by Tim Boudreau <ni...@gmail.com>.
Really, all you should need is to "run" a module that depends on all the
others you need.

-Tim

http://timboudreau.com

Re: How to create a module suite using Maven?

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Peter Nabbefeld <pe...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Tim Boudreau <ni...@gmail.com>.

http://timboudreau.com