Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by ce...@vallourec.fr on 2006/06/14 16:29:32 UTC

Torque and Database Ingre

Hello,

        I search documentation about the interface between torque and
ingres database because I must to migrate the data in postgresql.
have you already do this ?

        Thanks Cédric

Re: Torque and Database Ingre

Posted by Thomas Fischer <tf...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 15 Jun 2006, Scott Eade wrote:

If you want to pursue this, please do. I would guess that it is not ASF
policy to include code for which we do not have permission by a copyright
holder to include it, but I may very well be wrong. If we get a CLA from
the author or from Ingres, I'm +1 for including it, but if we do not get
anything, I'm -0.1 (I do not know any Torque developer who would maintain
this code, and we already have to many untested databases).

Also you said it was Torque 3.1 code, so the db.properties need to be
rewritten as a platform class to be included in 3.2

   Thomas

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.

--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.

Re: Torque and Database Ingre

Posted by Thomas Fischer <tf...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 15 Jun 2006, Scott Eade wrote:

> Scott Eade wrote:
> A message I sent to the CA contact bounced, but a quick search revealed this
> http://www.ingres.com/products/Prod_Download_Torque.html and
> http://opensource.ingres.com/projects/ingres/files/z3.ingrestorque
>
> It is most likely the same code - the second link requires that you login
> before you can download, the first does not.  Looks like it is was written
> for torque 3.1.1
>
> Not sure how this would need to be tweaked to being it up to 3.2.
>
> I know the developer had intended to submit this to as a path to torque but I
> am unaware of any reason why this was not done.

I would guess it was not submitted because we asked the developer for a
CCLA from CA.

> Scott

   Thomas

Re: Torque and Database Ingre