Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "J.D. Williams" <jd...@austin.rr.com> on 2005/05/04 03:14:50 UTC

Tomcat 5.0 installation

Howdy from Texas.

It's been a while since I have paid much attention to the list, but the
time has come to get back into my Cocoon project. My provider uses
Tomcat 5.0, and I am wondering whether anyone has created any docs
specifically for that version. Or is it about the same as running 2.1.x
on Tomcat 4.0.4b1 with JDK 1.4.0 (the last version I can find documented)?

Thanks.

Joe

AW: Tomcat 5.0 installation

Posted by Claus Straube <cl...@xdoo.de>.
Hi Joe,

I'm running Cocoon on Tomcat 5.5 with SDK 1.5. It's the same as running
Cocoon on a Tomcat 4.x. There could be some problems compiling Cocoon with
Java 5 (I think I've read some posts about that problem in this
mailinglist), but you can compile Cocoon with SDK 1.4 (without problems) and
run it on Tomcat 5.5.

Best regards - Claus

http://www.spvgg-feldmoching.de

Claus Straube
Francéstrasse 31
80997 München
+49 (089) 14 16 682

=> It's been a while since I have paid much attention to the list, but the
=> time has come to get back into my Cocoon project. My provider uses
=> Tomcat 5.0, and I am wondering whether anyone has created any docs
=> specifically for that version. Or is it about the same as running 2.1.x
=> on Tomcat 4.0.4b1 with JDK 1.4.0 (the last version I can find
=> documented)?
=>
=> Thanks.
=>