Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Zheka Kozlov <or...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/12 09:35:46 UTC

Unable to compile Java 10/11 project with module-info.java

There is a question on SO that I asked three months ago:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49398894/unable-to-compile-simple-java-10-project-with-maven/49398936#49398936

After three months, there is still no official solution for this from
Maven. People have to use that workaround. So my question is, why? Is it a
big problem to release a new version of maven-compiler-plugin with the new
version of ASM as a dependency?

Re: Unable to compile Java 10/11 project with module-info.java

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Hi,

since it is possible to override the ASM dependency with a newer version
within the plugin definition in the pom, this issue is not a blocker for
me, although I understand that is kind of inconvenient.
It is all a matter of priorities, and I'm working on a solution which
removes the dependency on ASM, so there's no need anymore to update the
plugin for every new Java version.
I'm glad it is just a dependency issue, it took quite some (spare) time
and effort to have a proper solution to support modules with the least
amount of effort for Java developers.

thanks,
Robert