Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Jeff Smelser <tr...@bigfoot.com> on 2000/08/05 22:14:18 UTC

Troubles

I got EMbperl to compile. It when I did make test, everything went great.
OK's down the line. I set up apache with:

<Location /perl/>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
</Location>

This is what apache says:

[10843]ERR:  25: Line 1: Error
[Sat Aug  5 16:10:00 2000] [notice] Apache/1.3.9 (Unix)  (Red Hat/Linux)
mod_perl/1.21 configured -- resuming normal operations
Bareword found where operator expected at /home/httpd/perl/test.html line
3, near "<TITLE>Jeff's"
	(Missing operator before Jeff's?)
Bareword found where operator expected at /home/httpd/perl/test.html line
5, near "/TITLE>
</HEAD"
  (Might be a runaway multi-line // string starting on line 4)
	(Missing operator before HEAD?)
Scalar found where operator expected at /home/httpd/perl/test.html line 7,
at end of line
	(Missing operator before ?)
[Sat Aug  5 16:10:07 2000] [error] syntax error at
/home/httpd/perl/test.html line 2, near "HEAD"

What did I miss?

Running embpexec.pl works fine on the same file I am running through
apache.

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: Troubles

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
> > > [Sat Aug  5 16:10:00 2000] [notice] Apache/1.3.9 (Unix)  (Red
Hat/Linux)
> > > mod_perl/1.21 configured -- resuming normal operations
>
> But that fixed, I geta segmentfault now. I tried embpexec on the same
> file, came out right.

Looks like you are using mod_perl 1.21 from RedHat. This is compiled as DSO.
mod_perl 1.21 doesn't work correct as DSO. Either upgrade your mod_perl
version or link it staticly into Apache

Gerald

E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de         Voice:    +49 6133 925151

Re: Troubles

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
> I got EMbperl to compile. It when I did make test, everything went great.
> OK's down the line. I set up apache with:
>
> <Location /perl/>
> SetHandler perl-script
> PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
> </Location>
>
> This is what apache says:
>

> [10843]ERR:  25: Line 1: Error
> [Sat Aug  5 16:10:00 2000] [notice] Apache/1.3.9 (Unix)  (Red Hat/Linux)
> mod_perl/1.21 configured -- resuming normal operations
> Bareword found where operator expected at /home/httpd/perl/test.html line
> 3, near "<TITLE>Jeff's"
> (Missing operator before Jeff's?)
> Bareword found where operator expected at /home/httpd/perl/test.html line
> 5, near "/TITLE>

These are not Embperl error messages. The file is interpreted by another
Handler (I guess Apache::Registry). Look thru your httpd.conf and try to
find the other PerlHandler that is serving your pages

Gerald

Re: Troubles

Posted by Joe Lauer <jo...@rootlevel.com>.
Jeff,

Try these settings in the Apache conf file right before you set the
handler.

PerlSetEnv  EMBPERL_OPTIONS 16
PerlSetEnv  EMBPERL_ESCMODE 0