Posted to users@maven.apache.org by HIRRI El Houssein Amine <hi...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/12 12:57:06 UTC

Missing artifact

Hi everybody,
I'm trying to develop a web service using CXF with maven, so when I add the
cxf dependency to pom.xml, I got this error message:
   -> Missing artifact org.apache.cxf:cxf-bundle:bundle:2.2.5:compile

The dependency code is as follow

			org.apache.cxf
			cxf-bundle
			2.2.5-incubator
			bundle

When looking at .m2/repository/... , I found that cxf-bundle-2.2.5.jar
doesn't exist, so I download it, and put it in the appropriate directory,
but nothing is going to work

NB: sorry for my english, it is so bad :'(

Re: Missing artifact

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
We use CXF extensively and the right dependency is

<groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
<artifactId>cxf-bundle</artifactId>
<version>${cxf-bundle.version}</version>

We currently have <cxf-bundle.version>2.2.5</cxf-bundle.version> and are
happy but should be moving to a later version.

It is a jar file so we do not need to override the default type.

This is a better question for the CXF forum since you will probably find
everyone there uses Maven but is more focused on the correct CXF
artifactId, version and type than the folks here.

Ron

Re: Missing artifact

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
Shouldn't this be

Re: Missing artifact

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
>   -> Missing artifact org.apache.cxf:cxf-bundle:bundle:2.2.5:compile
>
> When looking at .m2/repository/... , I found that cxf-bundle-2.2.5.jar
> doesn't exist, so I download it, and put it in the appropriate directory,
> but nothing is going to work

I suggest asking the Apache CXF people about this. The Maven Users
list knows NOTHING about CXF, and this seems to be a CXF-specific
issue.

For example, if you really need to depend on the bundle, that is
different from depending on a jar.

Wayne