Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Eduard Cation <ed...@818.wiki> on 2023/02/12 01:28:53 UTC

[CSS] Tried all, cannot disable automation

CSS. No option to mod the way the editor interacts with it. With php I was able to disable almost everything, and if I need help on documentation I hit it with the ctrl+alt+space. Very nice, beautiful. CSS on the other hand insists it have my brackets auto close, and does not respect my indentation. Come to think of it, php/html doesn't respect my indentation either. No auto indents please!

How can I disable ALL input automation? I don't want any chars added nor removed from the document, other than those I manually typed. Or am I just using the wrong program? I'm coming from notepad++.

I love the workspace on the left with the files laid out, that netbeans auto-uploads so no more filezilla, it's got a lil linter running in the back, and that manual ctrl+alt+space is perfection. The program trying to modify my input, though, is infuriating. I have looked everywhere, please, how can I disarm this thing?
All I want is basically notepad++ with the sftp connection and the documentation pop-up.

Thank you much,

-ag

Re: [CSS] Tried all, cannot disable automation

Posted by Sean Carrick <se...@pekinsoft.com>.
ag,

Then, besides the Editor category in the Options dialog, you'll want to
also look in the language-specific categories of interest as well. For
HTML and JS, there's the HTML/JS Options category that you'll want to
check out...

-SC

Posted by Eduard Cation <ed...@818.wiki>.

Posted by Sean Carrick <se...@pekinsoft.com>.