Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by x nooby <xn...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/03 15:29:12 UTC

check-case-insensitive.py, advice for installation under windows XP

I get the same "ImportError: No module named svn"
error with Python 2.3.5 as I did with 2.4.  Below is a
copy of an email written by the guy who wrote the
case-insensitivity script.  He mentions copying
subversion dlls in to the unzipped directory. Where
does the unzipped directory go so that Python or
Subversion can find it?

Does anyone have this script working on a Windows XP
server (running svnserve)?

I have installed:
   SVN = 1.2.0
   Python = 2.3.5
   PySVN = 1.3.0
Unzipped:
   C:\temp\svn-win32-1.2.3_py\svn-win32-1.2.3

thx!

http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/contrib/hook-scripts/check-case-insensitive.py
> that in case of problems with it, one could contact
you. That's what I shamelessly try to profit from
here.

I don't have time to create a full HOWTO on this
today, but here are
some hints:

You need Python 2.3 (*not* 2.4)
Get svn-win32-1.2.3_py.zip from the downloads page and
unpack it.

You should end up with a folder
svn-win32-1.2.3\python\libsvn, I had to
copy these Subversion dll files into that folder:

intl.dll*
intl3_svn.dll*
libapr.dll*
libapriconv.dll*