Posted to commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2015/08/21 00:07:28 UTC

[Solr Wiki] Trivial Update of "ShawnHeisey" by ShawnHeisey

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Solr Wiki" for change notification.

The "ShawnHeisey" page has been changed by ShawnHeisey:
https://wiki.apache.org/solr/ShawnHeisey?action=diff&rev1=48&rev2=49

Comment:
Add one word - respectively!

  }}}

- Note to self: The -XX:ParGCCardsPerStrideChunk option was mentioned to me on the #solr IRC channel.  With values of 4096 and 32768, the IRC user was able to achieve 15% and 19% reductions in average pauses, with the maximum pause cut nearly in half.  That option was added to the options you can find in the Solr 5.x start script, on a 12GB heap.
+ Note to self: The -XX:ParGCCardsPerStrideChunk option was mentioned to me on the #solr IRC channel.  With values of 4096 and 32768, the IRC user was able to achieve 15% and 19% reductions in average pauses, respectively, with the maximum pause cut nearly in half.  That option was added to the options you can find in the Solr 5.x start script, on a 12GB heap.

  === The UseLargePages Option ===