Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by pratima gogineni <go...@yahoo.com> on 2001/03/09 00:14:47 UTC

html output & omit-xml-declaration attr.

 Hi,

I am trying to generate html output using xalan. I see some very odd behaviour. Using the same xalan.jar, xerces.jar & xslt templates on my machine and a colleagues - I do not get the xml version declaration when I run it where as my colleagues output has it.

I use the following declaration in my xsl file.

<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0">
  <xsl:output method="html" indent="yes"/>

If I add an omit-xml-declaration = "yes" attribute on my colleagues machine it seems to be working fine - i.e. not producing the pesky <?xml...?> PI.

would anyone happen to know why this happens???

Thanks
Pratima

Re: html output & omit-xml-declaration attr.

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
pratima gogineni wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I am trying to generate html output using xalan. I see some very odd
> behaviour. Using the same xalan.jar, xerces.jar & xslt templates on my
> machine and a colleagues - I do not get the xml version declaration
> when I run it where as my colleagues output has it.
>
> I use the following declaration in my xsl file.

> version="1.0">
>   <xsl:output method="html" indent="yes"/>
>
> If I add an omit-xml-declaration = "yes" attribute on my colleagues
> machine it seems to be working fine - i.e. not producing the pesky
> <?xml...?> PI.
>
> would anyone happen to know why this happens???
>
> Thanks
> Pratima

Check out your CLASSPATH and your lib/ext directory (if you're running
under Java 2).  You may have an additional xalan.jar ahead of the one
that you think you're using.

Gary