Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Jeff Jiao <je...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/01 13:11:08 UTC

how to control client node connect to server node, not the other way around

hi guys,

The situation is this:
we want to have C# Ignite Client node run in A environment
we already have 3 Java Ignite Server nodes in B environment
we only opened firewall that A can access B at port 47500-47509 and
47100-47109
we don't want to let B access any ports at A

when we try to start Client node in A, first it can be discoveried by Server
node in B by 47500, and then we found that it always that Server nodes want
to connect to Client node in A at 47100, it's sure been blocked by
firewall...then Node Failed, cannot connect.

Is there a way to control this? only let client node to connect to server
node?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Re: how to let client node connect to server node, not server connect to client

Posted by dkarachentsev <dk...@gridgain.com>.
Hi Jeff,

Unfortunately, you cannot avoid this and you need to open that ports
(47100-47109) on client node, because communication must has ability to
initiate connection in both directions. Also you may leave those ports open
only for hosts where server nodes are running.

Thanks!
-Dmitry