Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Alexander Schatten <al...@gmx.net> on 2001/11/08 09:02:22 UTC

Getting Nuts with SOAP: Timing Problems or something the like known??

I am really getting nuts with apache SOAP. I detect curious problems
under different conditions when developing soap applications: on Win98
as well as on win NT 4:

(1) SOAP 2.2 Server running in Apache Tomcat 3 or on Enhydra 3.1

(2) Client Running in JBuilder 4 or in Sun VM

Start client: connection to SOAP server works, but calls fail usually,
not always, sometimes it works; especially it works under the following
conditions:

(a) starting the client in JBuilder debug mode: I tried to find the
problem using the debugger and it worked perfectly???

(b) starting the client connecting not directly but through TCPTunnel.
Again: it works perfectly.

PLEASE: It already takes days and days: has anyone an idea what kind of
strange problem this is?

THANK YOU!

Alex

Re: Getting Nuts with SOAP: Timing Problems or something the like known??

Posted by Alexander Schatten <al...@gmx.net>.
Radovan Janecek wrote:

> Alexander,
>
> did you consider to use WASP Developer for JBuilder? This gives you cool IDE
> for web services development.
> However, it requires JBuilder 5.

The problem is not, that I am searching for a "cool IDE", but that I
have a very strange behaviour of SOAP: I have some impressions about why
it could happen:

I need the library from the Enhydra application server enhydra.jar in
the classpath: and eventually there are some conflicts with the
libraries: nevertheless: the behaviour of SOAP is THAT strange and
unstable, I really cannot understand it.

Posted by Alexander Schatten <al...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Radovan Janecek <ja...@systinet.com>.
Alexander,

did you consider to use WASP Developer for JBuilder? This gives you cool IDE
for web services development.
However, it requires JBuilder 5.

Radovan

Radovan Janecek
VP, Engineering, Systinet  (formerly Idoox)
http://www.systinet.com

Posted by Alexander Schatten <al...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Peter Jessup <pj...@progress.com>.
would someone tell me how I un-subscribe from this soap-user
group?
Thanks

Posted by Peter Jessup <pj...@progress.com>.

Posted by Alexander Schatten <al...@gmx.net>.